Chapter 3: Girl Talk

Rose's POV:

I silently closed my bedroom door before I even began to tell Amber what went on earlier today.

"Hello?" I heard Amber call out.

Oops.

"Sorry.. It's just that lil' Wayne is sleeping." I explained.

Wayne was my little brother. He was 7 years old and was the sweetest child you would ever meet. Ruffled, brown hair, sharp gray eyes and an adorable dimple on his left cheek. He'd never hurt anyone, he wouldn't even kill a fly if it was buzzing annoyingly around him. Wayne would just let it be.

"It's normal." He would usually say.

"How bout we meet at starbucks? Wayne won't be bothered." Amber offered and I, almost instinctively, agreed.

Starbucks was amazing, plus I haven't been there in forever, so why not go?

"I'll pick you up." My friend said, lightly giggling through her words.

I slipped my white iPhone in my jean pocket and let my parents know where I was going.

I walked out the front door to see Amber in her convertible, jamming out to Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake.

"ONE DAY YOU SCREAMING YOU LOVE ME LOUD.." She screeched.

I can't let this go on.

Any attempt of dancing or singing that comes from Amber is just pure humiliation.

Not just for her.

For whoever is with or near her as well.

"Oh stop looking at me like that!"

Look who noticed my fake dirty look.

"You know you love me!" She teased, sticking her pink tongue out at me in a childish fashion.

What could I say? Her crazy, wacky, fun, and outgoing ways made me love her.

"Oh shut up Ambs." I retorted, calling my bestfriend by her childhood nickname I gave her. I slapped her arm playfully and got into the passenger's seat.

*30 minutes later*

"One peppermint mocha and one gingerbread latte please." I politely ordered when Amber and I reached the front of the line.

"Coming right up." The worker said, sending a kind smile our way.

We received our drinks, payed for them and selected the perfect table to have a chat about what happened in the hall a few hours ago.

"So.." Amber wiggled her eyebrows at me while cupping her latte.

I took a warm sip of my peppermint mocha and opened my mouth to speak.

"Weeellllllll..." I exaggerated, wanting to see the look on Amb's face.

"Just tell me already!" She excitedly sighed, sipping again.

"Alright, alright." I put my hands up in defense and started my story of the incident in the hall with Niall.

"And that's what happened" I concluded , taking the last bit from my cup and throwing it out.

"That's so cute! You guys are gonna get married and have child-"

I cut Amber off.

"Do you really believe all of that is going to happen?" I laughed.

She laughed right along, knowing it most likely won't.

On our way out of Starbucks, I saw him.

I completely stopped dead in my tracks, my heartbeat increasing and my breathing turning irregular.

"What's wrong Rose?" Ambs asked me, curious to know why I wasn't by her side anymore, for she kept walking towards the car.

"I-it's.. H-he's..." She looked at me confused but then glanced behind her.

Why was Niall here? By himself?