Chapter 23: Known

I thought I'd switch it up a bit, so here's a chapter from Zayn's perspective. 😊

Zayn's POV:

"What do you need mum? I'm going to the store for groceries." I announced, grabbing my car keys and beginning to make my way out the door. She called back saying she would appreciate it if I bought some milk and bread. I nodded and said I was leaving to go fulfill her order.

I was in aisle 2 of the supermarket, trying to decide which bread to take. The loaf with a few more slices for more money or the usual one. I scratched the hair on my chin and selected the one with more. I brought a little extra money with me so why not? I spun on my heels , held the shopping cart in my hands and turned to go to the next section in the store. It was then and there where a camera flashed, temporary blinding me. I rubbed my eyes to attempt at fixing my eyesight, which worked, and then looked for the source of my momentary blindness. I was at some sort of ease once I found out it was only a young gal. She had medium length dirty blonde hair, with eyes that shone as bright as the stars at night on a clear sky. Her figure was intriguing for a teen like her. The corners of her mouth pulled upwards, forming a delicate and sincere smile.

"Hi, I'm Emily. I'm sorry for surprising you like that. I just saw you and thought it was my chance." She blushed and tucked a strand of her hair behind her pierced ear. Her southern accent was evident in her voice and I believed it was quite attractive and went well with her style.

"Don't worry about it!" I reassured. I was only confused on one thing.

Why did she think it was her chance?

She began to turn away but I took possession of her wrist for a moment.

"Wait," The young lass named Emily turned around, looking me in the eyes. "why exactly did you say it was your chance? What do you mean?"

Her expression proved to me that she knew what I was asking. "You're Zayn from One Direction aren't you?" Emily cocked her head to one side, her wavy hair flipping with it and a smile wanting to show.

I blinked hard.

One direction...
The band me and my mates made in Niall's basement...
We're out there ..
We're out in public..
People know about us..
People love us..

Just the thought of this possibility sent tingles down my spine. A grin grew on my face and I couldn't even try to hide it. "Yeah, yeah I'm him." After the southern teen asked me for an autograph and I signed her phone, I payed for all my groceries and went home. It makes me happy to know that us 5 lads of a British-Irish boyband are working our way out there, out to our goal of popularity.