Chapter 28: Tension

Liam's POV:

"Good job lads." I said aloud, directing it to the other 4 boys in the recording studio. I saw various nods of heads and knew that they all heard me.

"Niall, will you come with me real fast? I need help with something." I asked, starting to walk out from the small room.

"ILL GO WITH YOU LIAM!!" The Doncaster boy yelled at the top of his lungs. I shook my head.

"Niall can do the job." I said with a slight smile. Niall trotted along with me into the farthest end of the hallway.

"Spill." I gestured my palm out, which meant I wanted Niall to tell me everything he felt towards Harry. I could see it in his eyes. The way he looked at him, oh the pain that reflected off his eyes.

The Irish boy sighed heavily and told me the story.

++++

"So he loves the girl you love?" I said, trying to make sense of the whole thing. He nodded in confirmation and transferred his gaze to the floor.

"I just don't want him to take Rose away from me. I-I just love her way too much." Tears were dripping from his eyes. When he looked up at me, I read complete worry.

He was worried.

He was scared that he was going to lose Rose. Oh how I wished for a relationship like that, the emotions for each other, the feeling of not wanting to lose the other.

I looked deeply in his eyes. The color of them had darkened, no doubt about that. But I knew too well. Whenever Niall's bright blue eyes darkened to a grey-blue, like the color of a storm, he wanted either nothing but suffrage for whoever caused him pain or someone to help him.

This time it was both.

"Niall, I can promise you one thing, and one thing only." His head raised to meet my eyes.

"Rose loves you. She doesn't love Harry. I promise you.. I promise, I promise, I promise you, and only you, that Rose won't leave you. She won't leave you for Harry. What does he have that she'll find in him? Anything he has, you have better. Do you hear me?" My voice was raising and I could feel myself basically preparing Niall for a fight.

"Yeah, I hear you Liam." He said, forcing a smile.

"I can't hear you!" I replied in a sing song tune, holding my hand up to my ear and cupping it to prove that I wanted the Irish band member to repeat his exact words.

"I hear you Liam!" He shouted. I patted his shoulder, and grinned.

"Good. Now you get back in that room and pretend like nothing happened between you and Harry. Now!" I ordered in a joking manner and ran off after a Niall who was laughing way too much than he should be.

I couldn't help but hear that little voice in the back of my head..

Remember what you promised Liam.. Make sure you keep it..