Chapter 22: Media Madness

.

Niall's POV:

I flicked my eyelids open, trying to register the case that there was no school today for it was the first day of the weekend; Saturday. A small smiled appeared on my face about that realization. I made my way downstairs to my flat's kitchen so I could prepare myself a morning meal. I wound up munching on eggs and bacon; It was truly enjoyable. An hour or so later, I was chilling out on my tan couch, tuning in on some news. Most of it was expected. There were robberies and kidnapping scenarios. I shook my head in disbelief and perked up when I heard something cheerful for once.

"Overnight sensations, Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn from new band 'One Direction' are already forming a fanbase. Unbelievable! They've only uploaded one song to the popular website known as YouTube and thousands of teens are falling in love with the boys every second! I send my best wishes to you boys." The news lady announced and my eyes were wide open.

We're on the news... I thought. We were just televised...

I called up one of my best mates in a flash.

"Why in the world are you calling me at 9 in the morning Niall?" A sleepy Liam uttered.

Because of my excitement, along with all the other emotions running through my veins, I blurted out my response faster than I ever would've done it.

"WE'RE ON THE TELLY LIAM! WE ARE ON THE NEWS ON THE TELLY!" My feelings were getting the best of me, making me almost wake up the whole town I lived in.

Liam must've been processing my words thoroughly , because he wasn't talking.

"ON MY GOODNESS WE ARE ON THE TELLY!" The British lad exclaimed with such power, I thought that if his emotions were put into wind, I'd be face-down on the floor. "ILL CALL HARRY AND LOUIS, YOU CALL ZAYN." He said, then hung up, leaving me no choice but to call up my other best friend Zayn Malik.

His voice sounded like he hadn't slept in ages. The way his voice cracked, the way it was so low. I could only picture the poor lad sitting up in bed propped on one elbow, trying so hard to not fall asleep while we were conversating. During the whole conversation, he would occasionally have me repeat something I had just said seconds ago. Poor Zayn. He had me go over 'we were just on the news' at least 3 times. At the last time I imitated my own sentence, he sounded wide awake, like he consumed loads of coffee. The 5 of us agreed to take matter in to our own hands and continue to create music, to add on to something huge we just started.

Like the strange gray haired man who appeared at my front step had said, we could make it.

Only if we tried hard enough. We couldn't succeed unless we put effort forth.