Chapter 21: Social Outbreak

. Rose's POV:

I tapped on my instagram app and went on Niall's page. I haven't talked to him in a few days due to schoolwork and finals coming up shortly. I clicked on his most recent post and read the caption along with a few comments.

@niallhoran : (picture of him with the four other British lads) Can't wait to release another song on YouTube! Thanks for all the support! Xx

I raised my eyebrows. Him and his buds released a song? How? When? I typed in his YouTube user on the website and saw that he had posted a video. Indeed it was titled 'first song by me and my mates called What Makes You Beautiful'. I pressed play and watched the entire video. The lyrics were so catchy and upbeat that I just had to dance a bit. After jamming out to the group of 5 teenagers singing a song they wrote themselves, I decided to check the likes and dislikes. I was taken aback by the immense numbers displayed on the screen.

Thousands of likes and very little dislikes.

I did the first thing that came to mind.

A few rings later and the Irish highschooler picked up.

"Everything alright babe?" My heart fluttered at the sound of his blissful accent sounding out the common relationship nickname.

"Everything's fine.. I just wanted to know how you thought about posting a video of you, Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn singing an original song created by you.." He didn't reply right away so I added onto my sentence. "I listened to it and I find it really fascinating.. I just wanted to know how you thought of the idle of uploading it and releasing it so everyone could see it.." I heard him clear his throat.

" We've always wanted to form a band, just for fun, you know? And this nice old man knocked on my flat's door the other day while the five of us were practicing the song that I later posted on YouTube , and he told us that we could make it in the music industry. I was really flattered by the kind words and after the bloke left, I immediately informed the boys about what the man had said. We all agreed on singing in front of a camera and trying to make it in the world. So far, I think we're doing a great job."

I knew he was right but I kept thinking about what would happen if the "band" made it out in the crazy world of fame. Being in a relationship with a famous band member clearly isn't the easiest task. They really could become famous. The one song they let out on the internet already is on its way to being popular. I could feel it in my gut.

"Oh, alright. You guys are really talented by the way. And did you figure out a name for your so called band?" I interrogated, sitting up from my now uncomfortable seating position.

"Thanks and its One Direction." Niall simply responded.

I nodded my head approvingly and complemented, "I like it."

My answer was straightforward but I knew the blonde appreciated it.

"Hey, uh, listen, I have to go. The lads and I are gonna write another song. People are requesting that we do so, so why not?"

I chuckled and spoke my farewells.