Chapter 5: Preparations

This part takes place on Friday a few hours before the party starts.

Amber's POV:

"Stop fidgeting!" I angrily said.

"Well stop plucking!" Rose fought back.

This was going to be a long 3 hours.

"Do you want to look like a slob in front of Niall?" I spat out, partly joking around and partly being dead serious.

My best friend sighed. "No." She simply stated and I knew I just won.
"Then stay still." I ordered, plucking the last odd-placed eyebrow hair.

"Time for makeup." I announced happily, dancing my way over to Rose's makeup stash she had on her bathroom counter.
I applied all the necessary makeup, keeping it simple, yet enough to catch Niall's eye. I pressed on the last of the lip gloss and spun Rose around in the chair.
"Do you like it?" I bit my lip, hoping she did or I'd have to start all over.
A minute passes and during that specific minute, Rose is checking out her reflection in the mirror.
"It's unbelievable! How'd you even make me look like this?! I love it!" She exclaimed , which made me feel proud.

"Now let's go get you an outfit to wear!"
I lead my brown-haired best friend to her bedroom, where I lay out a few options on her bedspread.
I showed her each and every one, telling her what her hair would be like for them as well.
"They all look so beautiful , but I guess I'll wear the second one!" Rose said, clapping her hands together , anxious to try it on.
"Let's get you dressed!" I practically yelled and grabbed the clothes off the bed and off the hangers, shoving them in Rose's face so she would put them on.

"How do I look?" Rose walked out of her room with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Stunning! Beautiful! Gorg-"

"I get it, I look fabulous." Rose joked, flipping her now curled hair in the air and acting like she was a model.

I swear, this is why we're best friends.

"Duh" I dumbly responded, rolling my eyes and smirking at her.

"Don't forget you have to put your outfit on too!" She pointed out.

I did my makeup and hair while Rose was getting changed and picking out combinations of clothing for me to chose from.

"I'll go check it out and surprise you with what I pick!" I said, technically sprinting up the staircase , just to prove to her that I meant what I said.

I examined the wardrobe that was placed on her bed and fell in love with every single outfit.

"How am I going to chose?" I murmured to myself.

I slid my hands across the fabrics and made my final decision.

Black skinny jeans for the bottoms.
A crop top with the batman logo on the front for the shirt.
A black and gray beanie to go on my head.
Black nike high tops for the shoes.
Black diamond earrings. They were sparkly but not so bright to the point where if light hit them, I would blind someone.

Only Rose would pick this out.
I love batman and I hate being girly for a long amount of time.
I'm the type of girl who prefers high tops over high heels.

I strutted my way down the steps and waited for a reaction to come from Rose.

I heard a gasp and hands clamping over a mouth.

"I knew you would pick that one!" My bestfriend claimed and I couldn't do nothing but laugh.

"You know me so well." I grinned.

I checked the time on my phone and snatched my car keys from my purse.

"Let's go have fun!"

So I know I mentioned a character named Marrissa in one of the previous chapters. Marrissa is Amber's best friend as well as Rose's. She may show up in a chapter later on, but for now, don't count on it. Just had to clear that up!
~Hailey