Chapter 36: Forgiveness

Rose's POV:

I played with my fingers nervously and stopped to take a sip of my coffee, only to begin the twiddling again. I've been waiting for Niall to show up for ages. I had checked my phone a lot of times to see how long I've been waiting. I sighed as I realized he was probably lying, he wanted to make me seem like a fool for actually coming here.

If he doesn't come by the time I finish my coffee, I'm leaving. I decided. I glanced at my cellphone again and as I looked up, I saw a familiar face.

"Hi Rose." The Irish band member greeted with a smile. I smiled in a friendly fashion back and sipped from my coffee.

"I didn't think you'd show up." I confessed, looking at him, ignoring my hot beverage for a little while.

"Why wouldn't I?" He said, a deep chuckle noticeable through his words. "I would never leave you hanging like that.." His words were so sincere, yet so expected. I couldn't tell what he was trying to hint but I knew it was something important.

"So, uh, why did you want to meet up anyways?" I randomly asked to overcome the awkward silence that was growing between us. Niall shifted his gaze to the table under him and avoided mine.

"I still love you, Rose." He whispered, barely audible. I caught onto his words and they made my heart ache.

He still loved me. Did I still feel like that towards him? I couldn't just forget about everything we've done together. I can't just ignore the feelings I once felt for this young lad. He was a beautiful person and I saw how he meant those words. He wasn't just saying them to get forgiveness. He was saying them because he loved me, he missed me.

"Niall..." I began, reaching out to touch his arm. He looked up at me, tears rimming the bottom of his eyes. The blue in them exposed his true feelings.

"Rose.." He smiled through small tears, but that soon faded. "I know I didn't have the right to accuse you of kissing Harry behind my back. I know now. I learned my lesson. Telling you to get out of my flat with anger in my voice and clenched fists wasn't the right thing to do. I should've stopped him. I should've known. I should've.. I should've done that Rose. And now that I've been through all this pain without you by my side, I understand. I really want to have the bond again. That bond where we could tell each other anything, the bond where we could spend hours together without getting bored. I loved that." Now I could feel the tears rimming my eyes. I blinked them away and put a huge smiile on my face. I couldn't help myself from being so intrigued with what he was explaining. I just couldn't. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the tone in his accent. Maybe it was the look he was giving me.. like he wanted me to forgive him for what he had done. And right I was.

"All I'm asking for you is forgiveness. That's all.." He cried out softly, letting a tear slide down his right cheek. I allowed one to fall as well, to show Niall how much appreciation I felt for this, for him apologizing although it wasn't all his fault. A small grin tugged on the corner of his lips and soon it was a gigantic smile, the one I adored greatly. The kind of smile that was so genuine and so contagious that I just had to return one back to him.

"Of course I forgive you Niall. I didn't know it was like that for you. And to be completely honest with you, life was a wreck without talking to you. If I was sober when we met up at the club that one night, I probably would've talked to you nonstop, about how much I missed you.." I replied, shyly looking at the ground beneath me. I felt a shiver run through me as Niall touched my arm. He was now kneeling besides me.

"Rose," He said in the lowest voice he could. "Will you please be the one I can hold, the one I can hug for hours without getting enough, the one that I know will never leave me for another stupid little thing, the one that understands me?" I didn't answer, still unsure what his exact question was. Niall chuckled lightly. "What I mean, is well, Rose Marie Thomspson, will you give me the honor to be your boyfriend again?" I nodded over and over again, jumping into Niall's arms, holding onto him so tight, I wasn't sure if he was still breathing. I pecked his lips softly when I pulled away from the hug.

"You don't know how much I've been waiting to do that without permission." I smirked, kissing him again.