Chapter 39: Forever

Rose's POV:

"Reservations for Horan." Niall told the lady at the front desk. I grasped his hand a little tighter. I hated how nervous I was right now. The lady lead us to our table, where a waiter stood, ready to take our orders. She let us be for a while so we could decide what we wanted. After we had placed the orders, Niall and I chit chatted about everything and nothing. We held hands across the table, and Niall would occasionally rub his thumb over mine. We ate our food through small talk. Eat, talk, eat and talk. When we were finished, we stayed at the fancy restaurant. There was a sophisticated dance floor, mainly meant for slow dancing. After all, it was mature eatery. 

"Wanna dance while we wait for desert?" Niall asked, standing from his spot at the table and gesturing the way to the hardly crowded dance floor. I let him take my hand and lead me there. 'I Wanna Grow Old With You' by Westlife was playing in the background. I genuinely loved that song, I loved the lyrics, how they were so thought out. But I found it odd that it would be playing in a place like this. I ignored that thought and focused on the boy holding my waist. 

"The song has a lot of meaning, doesn't it?" Niall questioned, pulling me a little closer. I let the sound of the ballad fll my ears. It was incredibly fascinating; the way it gave me joy, just listening to it. I smiled warmly. 

"It really does." I agreed, still swaying side to side as Niall and I danced in sync. As I inspected our surroundings, I noticed most people were leaving, emptying the dance floor one by one.

"Looks like its just the two of us." I pointed out, giggling. I spun my head around, checking out the rest of the venue. I was doubtlessly enjoying the moment. 

"I'll be right back." Niall announced, loosening his grip on me and leaving to go wherever he needed to be. The bathroom, I guess. I shrugged and went back to our table. I waited patiently for the blonde boy to return, and as if on cue, I caught a glimpse of his locks. My reaction was to chase after him, for he wasn't heading right to me. But I stayed still, like I was stuck for eternity on the chair. As Niall approached, I stood up, smiling in his directions. I saw that he was holding a microphone in his hand. I didn't think much of it. But then he started to sing.

"I wanna grow old with you.. I wanna die lying in your arms." His voice was ever so heavenly and my heart began to race. 

Is he...?

"I wanna grow old with you, I wanna be looking in your eyes. I wanna be there for you, sharing everything you do."

He is... isn't he?

"I wanna grow old with you.." He serenaded, pausing for the next part.

"Things can come and go, I know, but baby I believe, something's burning strong between us, it makes it clear to me.." I was literally tearing up at his performance. 

"I wanna grow old with you, I wanna die lying in your arms.." Niall was about two inches from my face, the only thing separating us was the microphone he held firmly. 

"I wanna grow old with you, I wanna be looking in your eyes.I wanna be there for you," The Irish lad cupped my cheek in his right hand. I placed mine over his, and laughed gratefully through a sob. "Sharing everything you do. I wanna grow old with you, I wanna die lying in your arms. I wanna grow old with you, I wanna be looking in your eyes. I wanna be there for you, sharing everything you do" and then softly, he sang, "I wanna grow old with you." Niall dropped the mic on the floor and crashed his lips into mine. When he pulled away and I opened my eyes fully, he was on one knee, with a small black box in between his hands. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. 

"Rose," He whispered at first but then his voice grew louder. "I've always admired you. You're truly stunning. From your dreamy eyes to your soft lips that I crave every second of the day, to your smile than can brighten up the whole world. I'm awfully thankful I have you in my life. I almost lost you once, and I really, really don't want to lose you again. So that's why I brought you here tonight." Niall pried open the box, revealing a flawless silver ring. "Rose Marie Thompson, will you be my happily ever after?" Niall asked, staring at me with his beautiful blue eyes. I sobbed a 'yes' and juped into his arms, pressing my lips against his harshly. I have never wanted to kiss someone so badly before. 

Now I know what it's like to be a princess who finally found her Prince Charming.

                                                                                ~THE END~

How did you like the ending?

~Hailey 

P.S. If you're interested in reading another book of mine, I'm typing a new one called 'Survive' and the first chapter should be up some time next week. Thank you all for reading 'Happily Ever After?'! It means so much to me. Being the beginner writer that I am, I was thrilled to see that this specific story has gotten over 200 reads in not a long time. I'm extremely grateful and thankful for all of my readers and voters! I love you all (: Stay fierce my fab friends xx