Chapter 27: You what?!

Niall's POV:

"I love you too. Bye." I ended my conversation with Rose and hung up.
I took my keys from the hook next to the front door and drove off to a flat that I knew way too well.

I knocked a few times.
No answer.
A couple more times.
No answer.
I shrugged my shoulders and spun on my heel , ready to get back in my car and leave. But a deep British voice stopped me.

"Niall." Was what he said.

Don't you dare look him in the eyes..
Don't you dare turn around..
Not just yet..

I took a slow, long breath before saying his name.

"Harry."

From the corner of my eye, I saw him move aside.

"Come on in, lad." He said. In my head I kept mocking him and making sense of his simple words.

More like: come in and let me hurt you, too. I heard my conscious say.

Without making eye contact, I barged into his flat. Harry took his place on a love seat. I knew better so I took a seat on a couch across from him.

"Why'd you come here?" Harry's voice was as serious as one's voice can get. I cleared my throat.

"You hit Rose. The person I love. Why?" I had to remind myself not to lash out at him, to not scream in his face. I wanted to so badly but I knew that if I just stayed calm, it would be easier that way.

"There's no easy way to say this, Niall."

What was he doing to me?
His words were twisted evilly and were as sharp as a knife. Every word tended to spill out of his mouth slowly and softly. His voice never rose above normal, never deepened or got colder as he spoke.

In his eyes were so many emotions, some of them I could name easily.

Sorrow.
Pain.
Regret.

My teeth clenched and I dropped my eyelids.

"I love Rose." He confessed.

"You.. You.. You..." I stuttered over and over again. I held my hand to my heart. He can't love Rose. She's mine and only mine. Harry can't have her. He just can't.

"I can't help it, mate. No one can choose who they fall in love with.." The Brit said, putting his hand on my shoulder for he moved to where I sat a while ago.

I shoved his hand off me. I didn't want him touching me.

"Get off of me." I breathed. "And stay away from Rose." I got up, walked to the front door and headed for my car.

I can't believe this.

Harry just can't love Rose.

He just can't.