Chapter 8: Late Night Goodbyes

Roses POV:

"I have to go." I slurred my words, clinging onto Niall for dear life.

After we played spin the bottle, I drank a couple of beers, wanting to have a great time. I didn't care if I had a hangover the next day. I didn't care if it was illegal to drink if you were under 21. I just drank.

"You sure you want to drive?" A sober Niall asked me. I nodded, almost falling over. Good thing Niall caught me, or I would've been on the ground by now, my face covered in gravel from the driveway.
"I'll take you, if you want." He offered.
I took his kind offer and held onto his arm, being as aware as I can that if I let go, I'll be flat on the rocks.
I watched as he slid his keys into the car, buckling my seat belt, and then his. Amber got a ride from Harry after she started to feel sick. She definitely drank too much. I sat in the passenger seat of his car, twirling my hair around my index finger and giggling occasionally. When Niall pulled up to my house, I saw Harry and Amber chit chatting on the porch, Harry tracing her stomach with his fingers.
"Looks like they decided to wait for you." Niall said, silently laughing to himself. I chuckled along, not knowing exactly what he said, with my senses a little messed up from the alcohol in my system. Niall put his arm around me, supporting my every step. I stumbled up the steps to my home.
"Niaaallllll...." I groaned, noticing that he had to leave soon.
"Yeah?"
"Can you stay with me tonight?" I leaned on him, gripping his shoulder tightly so I wouldn't tip over.
"Uh.. I don't think that's a good idea.." He admitted.
Then the unexpected happened.
Niall caressed my left cheek , rubbing it with his thumb. Then he grabbed my waist, pulling me in for a quick kiss, soon releasing and saying a simple goodbye. I stood there in the night, wondering why Niall just left me here. He kissed me and left. And then a headache began to make it's way , a pounding feeling threatening to form into something worse.
I swallowed pills I needed to get me through the night and slipped under my covers.
I tried to fall asleep and have peaceful dreams but my mind vanished to where a certain blonde boy was.

Later on in the night, my phone vibrated loudly against the wood of my side table. I blinked hard, the headache I had earlier a little weak, and rubbed my eyes. I checked to see who the message was from.

And guess who it was?

Niall.