Chapter 32: Stranger not-so Danger

Amber's POV:

"You need to get over him Rose. You need to go out. You need to stop being so miserable during school. You just.. Ughh!" I cried out in frustration. I was leaning against Rose's bedroom doorframe, trying to convince the brunette that everything was going to be okay. She was lying on her back, staring up at the ceiling and avoiding my gaze which she must knew about.

"No." She said. That was always her answer. Rose never wanted to go out anymore. Apparently it reminded her of Niall and she couldn't let herself think about him.

"Yes. You are going out with me tonight, and you're going to like it. I don't care what you say. You , missy, are leaving your house. And that's final." I stated, crossing my arms.

I heard Rose sigh and that meant that I just won.

"Fine." She snorted, rolling over to glare at me with a death wish.

"You'll love me for this. Trust me!" I squealed. I saw a small smile form on her face and I couldn't help but do a little happy dance. Rose has been super gloomy for over 2 weeks. And I just partially saved her from misery.

++++

"Two beers please." I told the bartender.

"I still can't believe you dragged me here." Rose mumbled, folding her arms and leaning back in the chair. The bottles of beer arrived and I paid the man behind the counter. I saw Rose take a gulp of the beverage and I smiled on the inside. Whenever Rose drank, she wanted to have fun. This was a good sign. Moments later and we both held empty bottles.

"Let's get another beer and dance with some strangers." I offered and Rose ordered two more beers. I just about swallowed my beer without hesitation , whereas my friend had to take small sips, wincing at the longer ones she took. As I waited for her to finish, I devoured another bottle.

"I call dibs on the brunette over there near the dance floor. What about you?" I bit my lip, thrilled about actually meeting a guy. Even if it was only for a few hours.

"I'll find someone. Now go have fun with that no-name cutie over there." Rose pushed me in his direction and I had a feeling my brunette best friend was finally loosening up. I smiled encouragingly and went towards the stranger I knew nothing of. Not yet, anyways. I walked right up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder that was closest to me.

"I'm Amber." I breathed. "What's your name?" I giggled and traced my index finger on the hem of his shirt. I saw the light in his eyes brighten and he turned around to face me.

"I'm Nathan. But you can call me yours." He said, bringing me close to him. His pickup line was so cheesy, I could've made macaroni with it.

"You're cheesy, did you know that?" I saw Nathan turn away shyly so I thought I should add more onto my sentence. "I like that." I bit my bottom lip to show him it was cute, which it was.

"Wanna dance?" Nathan asked, reaching for my hand, which I gladly held out for him. I nodded my head and let him lead me to the dance floor where we danced for a while. We danced until I had to stop Rose. She was doing the wrong thing with the wrong person at the wrong time.

What do you think Rose was doing? And with who? I wanna see your opinions in the comments! Best comment gets a notice in the next chapterrrrr 👌

~Hailey