Chapter 11: Official

Niall's POV:

" Over here!" I demanded, waving my hand furiously in the air.
Louis kicked the soccer ball in my direction and I turned with one swift movement, pushing the spherical object in the net. Liam blew the referee whistle, signaling that a goal has just been made. Me and the other four lads were playing a game of soccer, as they call it here in America. Me and Louis were on a team, and Zayn and Harry were on the other, leaving Liam as our official referee. My phone buzzed in my sweatpants and I reached down to get it.

New message: from: Rose :)
My heart fluttered at the look of her name. She was so beautiful. I couldn't get her off my mind.
I nervously opened the text, knowing that the last thing I asked her was if she liked me back.
I let out a breath and flickered my eyes open, gliding my eyes across the glowing screen.

Unbelievable.

From: Rose :) :
I like you back..

I technically doubled over in shock. The wind knocked out of me.
This was my chance.

"Niall, you alright?" Harry walked over to me. I opened my mouth to respond but no words came out. I passed him my phone silently.

"NIALL" Harry smacked my arm.

"W-what?" I gulped.

"Get your lazy bum over to her and ask her to be yours already, but whatever you do lad, don't ask her over the cell." He demanded and pointed in the direction of the field's exit.

I nodded and jogged slowly out of the soccer field, hopping in my car and leaving to go to Rose's home.

*at Rose's place*

I knocked on the door once.
twice.
three times.
no answer.
another one.
and then I saw a few strands of her hair.

"Niall." Was all she said, opening the door wide enough to motion me to come inside.

"Nice place." I commented and then turned my attention to her. I walked over to the couch nearest to Rose and clasped my hands together.

"I.. I um... Can I tell you something?" I stuttered, aware of the color on my cheeks.

Rose nodded her head and sat right next to me. She layed her hand on my knee.

"You can tell me anything." Her words were soothing. Her voice was so angelic.

"Well, I.. Uh.. I like you a lot Rose. and I don't care who knows it. I'll do anything to be with you, to have the ability to call you mine. I-I know that I'm not perfect but I want the opportunity to at least try to be a perfect boyfriend..to you." I stared at the floor, scared that Rose would laugh in my face and tell me I wasn't worth it.

But that didn't happen.

What happened next, was, well, unexpected.

She pulled my chin up so I would look her in the eyes, those eyes I love so much.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you to say something like that."
she admitted and then leaned in to kiss me. To be honest, I was a bit taken back. Rose didn't seem like the type to kiss someone first. but I'm glad she did this time. I backed away, pushed a piece of her lovely hair behind her studded ear, and spoke.
"I've been waiting to say it ever since I ran into you in the hallway." A smile flashed on her face and so did a blush.
I cleared my throat.
"So are we official?"
Rose placed a quick peck on my lips.
"Does that answer your question?" She answered with an adorable smirk.