Chapter 35: Nathan

Nathan's POV:

"Who are you texting?" Tyler asked, finishing off his bag of cool ranch Doritos and placing it on the table.

"No one." I instinctively replied, pressing the send button on my phone and sliding the device in my pocket.

He grinned mischievously and pointed a finger in my direction. "You... You were texting that girl you met at the club.. What was her name? Amber?" I could feel my face becoming red at his words. Of course I was texting Amber. We were about to start a real relationship together, and I was pretty thrilled about that. I bit into my sandwich with more force than intended.

"Shut up." I snapped at him, swallowing my food, and taking a sip out of my can of soda. Tyler chuckled at his victorious attempt to make me blush.

"Seriously though, dude. Were you texting her?" I could tell by his tone that he was asking me , not because he wanted to make fun , but because he was curious. I nodded and chugged the rest of my drink as well as completing my lunch.

"Do you like her? Like, how I like Taylor?" He questions me, putting me on the spot. Taylor was Tyler's girlfriend. He loved her with technically all his heart, but I knew that wasn't true. I mean, you had to have some heart left for your friends and family, right? Taylor, by the looks of it, loved the dirty blonde boy back with such emotion, I almost couldn't handle it. Just the way their eyes sparkled when they were together, it made everything seem right for them. I blinked my eyes, returning back to reality.

There was nothing else I can do besides tell him I do.. I could lie right to his face but I shook the possibility from my thoughts and said, "Why wouldn't I?" I smirked and added a small laugh, like it was some kind of idiotic question my best friend just asked me. Tyler let out a fake, deep laugh and got up to throw his trash out. By the time he came back, I was long gone.

Amber had texted me saying she wanted me to come over. I had probably been halfway to my car when I received a text from my dirty blonde haired friend, asking where I was. I just ignored it and continued my drive to my new girlfriend's house.

~

Hey guys! Guess what? The story is almost completed! If you're still intersted in reading another book of mine, a new book, which will be called "Survive" will be coming out when I'm done 'Happily Ever After?'! Who would read another story of mine?

~Hailey