Chapter 19: Back to School

Rose's POV:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

No..

Not today...

It can't be...

I dreaded this day ever since Spring Break commenced.

I rubbed my eyes with my fists and yawned daintily.

I prepared myself for the long day ahead at school and raced out the door and towards my bus stop. While I chewed on a delicious Cheerios cereal bar, I was scared by a charmind Irish accent. I stuffed the remaining bit of my breakfast in my bag and gave Niall a soft peck on his pink lips.

"Well, that's a good way to start a Monday." He joked and held his palm out in the open, wanting my hand to engage with his. I smiled and gave him my hand. I snuggled my head in his chest on the bus ride to the awful jail cell known as high school.

The time passed quicker and quicker by the second. Niall and I remained silent throughout the drive. Our bodies hugged against each other for warmth to get passed the chilly morning. The weather, almost all the time, heated up as the school day dragged on.

When the bus made its final stop at my high school, I knew that Niall and I had to separate in order to go to our classes. I didn't want to leave him, in fact, all I wanted to do was be in his arms. They were so protective, so welcoming, but I knew better. If I got lost in his presence -his eyes or even his hold - I'd be in deep trouble. I stood up from my seat on the bus and intertwined my fingers with Niall's. At first, he was shocked to see me grab his hand so fast, so desperately, but I was poitively sure that I needed to be with him until the very last millesecond before classes started.

I escorted my boyfriend to his homeroom where we exchanged a brief hug.

"I'll meet up with you after school, alright?" Niall mumbled in my ear. I nodded without hesitation, already missing his presence although he was holding me that very moment.

"Bye Rose." He said slowly, making my heart skip a beat and stay like that until he was gone. The image of the Irish lad stuck in my head as I dragged from class to class.