Chapter 30: Bad Timing

Rose's POV:

"No, I love you more." I cuddled closer to Niall. We've been arguing about this silly little topic for 20 minutes... and counting.

"I love you m-" Niall's ringtone caught him off guard and he was sent flying to the floor. I laughed lightly at his reaction and helped him up.

"It was just your phone, Nialler." I teased and handed him his phone from the couch. He pecked my lips and apologized to me before leaving the room. It was silent until Harry ran in and immediately sat down next to me, attempting to grab my hand.

"I love you Rose. And I hope you feel the same way towards me." He leaned in swiftly and I backed away, standing up from my spot.

I brushed the invisible dust off my outfit and said, "I don't feel that way about you Harry. I just don-"

Before I was ready, Harry crashed his lips harshly onto mine. I tried my best to get away from his hold but his grip on me was way too tight. I could kind of feel his hand reaching for my bum but I smacked his hand away and was about to slap him across the face, but someone interrupted my actions.

"Rose?!" I heard them say. Their voice cracked at my name and I knew exactly who it was.

"It's not what it looks like Niall!" I fought. Tears threatened to spill and I blinked them away. "I love you, and you know that." I rambled to him.

He raised his hand at me. "Oh shut up Rose. Now I know what kind of person you are. You like to kiss my bestfriend behind my back, no matter the time. I thought you loved me, I believed it for a long time. But now... I'm not so sure about that." Niall snapped at me. "I would appreciate it if you left my flat."
He ordered through gritted teeth.

I scrambled across the room to gather my few things; my phone and purse.
I shuffled to the front door, looking back once more at the blonde. The emotion in his eyes was enough for me.
Maybe it was too much to handle, because as soon as I reached my car, I burst into tears. Sob after sob after sob. My mascara was most likely pouring down my face, staining my cheeks and under my eyes.

I must look like a raccoon. I thought.

I wouldn't look or even feel this way if Harry didn't come into the room randomly and kiss me like I was his girlfriend. I annoyingly said in my mind.

Stupid Harry Styles and his bad timing.