Chapter 34: Remembering

Rose's POV:

I clutched my forehead in absolute pain. This specific hangover has been the worst one yet. The pounding in my head was killing me. Even the slightest sound of my own body sitting up from my sleeping position ached more than it should have. The sharp pain felt like a knife against my hot skin.

Greaaat , I thought. I probably have a fever too.

"Amber." I croaked. I wasn't sure if she stayed over last night because I was drunk or not. Sometimes she would spend the night because she knew how much trouble it was for me to function on the day of my hangover. I was relieved the moment I heard footsteps that I knew belonged to Amber. Yes, I could tell who was walking wherever by the sound of their footsteps.

"Take these. You'll feel better." She handed me two gray and purple oblong pills and a glass of water to help me swallow the medicine.

"Thank you." I mouthed. My head felt like it had it's own heartbeat.

Boom boom, boom boom. Over and over again. I swallowed the capsules and gulped down the water. It was refreshing and definitely woke me up.

Amber sat on the edge of my bed, staring deeply at the carpet in my room.

"Do you remember anything of last night?" She pondered softly. Her eyes shifted and fixed on mine. They sparkled. But not with happiness. With pure regret and sorrow. I shook my head no and kept quiet.

"Well.. To start off, you were drunk." Amber laughed lowly. "So incredibly drunk." Then the redhead cleared her throat. "You were so drunk that you didn't even recognize who you were dancing with... For probably hours upon hours.." Her voice drifted off, leaving each word alone to find it's way to my ears and linger there, sinking in fully. Her gaze met mine once more and she immediately fixed them on another object in my room.

"Rose.." Amber sighed, twiddling with her fingers. "You.. You were dancing with Niall.. and.. and you guys were dangerously close to each other.."

Wait.

What?!

Me, the person who never talks to their ex once the relationship is done with, was dancing with Niall.

Why.

Why.

Why, why, why, why, why, why.

I couldn't get that simple little three lettered word out of my head.

Why..

It seemed to echo in my mind. Leaving it's meaning there so it will sink in my mind.

"There's more.." Amber said, a mere whisper.

What else could she say? So far, my day was ruined. I had a major migraine which could keep me in bed for several hours. Don't forget that I just found out I was dancing with my so-called ex.

I looked at her expectantly and she picked up my silent gesture for her to start with the new thing.

"Actually two things. One good, one bad. The good news is for me but who knows? You might be as happy as I am." Amber joked, trying to lighten the mood of the morning chat.

Ambs coughed once, clearing her throat.

"Good news is, I met this guy at the club and now we're getting into a real relationship.." The red head bit her lip and brushed a loose strand that came from her messy bun behind her ear. When my bestfriend realized that I wasn't going to jump out of bed and scream with excitement for her, she cleared her throat again and continued on to the bad news.

"Bad news is, uh... Niallwantstomeetwithyou.." She rambled, so quickly that I barely heard her. I held my hand up to my ear.

"What did ya say? I didn't hear that last part.." I explained and stared at Amber, waiting for my answer.

She sighed and said, "Niall wants to meet with you.."