Chapter 15: The Truth

I forgot to mention that the day when Rose bumps into Niall at school, it was her last day before Spring Break so that's why it seems like they're never at school. Just thought I should clear that up :)

Niall's POV:

"Remember when you showed me your phone? At the soccer field?"

I swallowed.

Harry was right. I couldn't lie and say we weren't an item. I let him see a text message from Rose saying she liked me back. Even an idiot can come to the conclusion that Rose and I are dating.

"Yeah." I mumbled, playing around with my fingers nervously.

"Lad, tell me the truth." He said, staring at me with an intense look.

"You want to know the truth?" I answered, standing up from my seat.
I saw Harry shake his head and I proceeded. I felt a speech coming on.

"The truth is , is that I like Rose. Wait, scratch that. I love Rose. That day you told me to ask her to be mine, I went on and on about how I liked her. To her face. She's absolutely stunning. The way she laughs , the way she smiles, the way she cares about everyone she knows is incredible. I love every damn thing about her and I don't care who knows. If I could scream it to the whole world, I would. If I could tell everyone, I would. You don't understand Harry, you just don't. You don't get what it's like to have such strong feelings for a human being. Rose is different than all the others. She doesn't care what people think about her, but she cares about everyone. And I love that. I love her. I don't give two craps if we've only been together for a week. I love her okay? " A hot tear streamed down my cheek and I wiped it away , trying to hide my emotions. "And that's the truth" I ended with a whisper, drying my eyes.

"Niall.." Harry said quietly. "I'm happy for you."

I smiled genuinely. "Thanks Styles."

"Speaking of Rose, she's right behind the door if you didn't guess it already." He spoke in my ear softly,careful not to let Rose hear what he had just said. I mouthed a grateful 'thank you' and slowly tiptoed over to the family room exit. I pushed the door lightly, allowing Rose to avoid being hit by it. I saw her face when it was fully opened and before she could say anything to me, I picked her up and started to tickle her as a punishment.

"No!" She screeched. "Please...." She groaned through laughter. "Don't tickle me anymore!" Rose shouted. I stopped, and stared at her while holding her in my arms.
"That was your consequence for eavesdropping on us." I said , nudging her nose with mine.
"I'm sor-" she started but I shut her up with a kiss. I felt her lips curl into a smile and I felt the slight shake of her body and I figured she was giggling.

Just then the ring of the doorbell sounded.

The pizzas.

"I'll forgive you.." I started. "If you let me carry you like this to get the pizza."

Rose giggled the way she always does.
"Okay." She murmured and nuzzled her head in my chest.