Chapter 29: Realization

Harry's POV:

"I messed up.. Bad." I mumbled into the crisp air of my bedroom. No one was home, not even my mum. She was out at the food store and I knew I had to clear my head while she was gone.

I grasped my chest. My heart hurt.

Not because of heartburn or cardiac problems. It was due to the fact that I couldn't have what I wanted. I grew up being spoiled by all my grandparents, they were all rich; they all threw their money around like it was nothing, not needed, not very necessary. I was raised by my parents telling me to go after what I want, but I don't think it goes along with my current scenario, for I was in love with my best mate's girlfriend and I couldn't have her. All I wanted was to steal a kiss from her plump pink lips and never tell. I would never gossip about it. If I could just get a kiss from the girl of my dreams..

She wasn't like most girls. She didn't fangirl in front of us boys. She never screeched about how she was going out with a popstar. I can't stop myself from thinking that I should be Niall. I should be the one to hold her in my arms. I should be the one to wipe away any tears that fall from her eyes. Man, those eyes of hers are the most beautiful thing God has ever created. The way they shone when she was happy. I wished upon plenty of stars that I would have the opportunity to stare into them.

"Harry! I'm home!" My mum announced and I jumped from my place on my bed and sprinted downstairs. I wrapped my arms around my mother and held her for what seemed like forever.

She chuckled and questioned why I was embracing her in a quite tight hug.

"I just... I just needed a hug." I lied and pulled away, plastering a fake smile on my face to hide all my negative thoughts and terribly awful emotions.

My mum believed me and wondered off to put away the groceries she just purchased. I lent the woman a hand, slipping food where it's supposed to be.

"Thank you, Harry." She smiled weakly and headed off to the family room, switching on the telly and watching the news.

My mum was so sweet. She never wanted to cause any human being any type of pain.

She was, somewhat, like Rose, and that certain thought brought me back to reality. The one where I couldn't have the girl I longed to have tangled in my arms.