⊲|Chapter:14 'JUST LIKE A KID!'|⊳

Hi!
Happy reading!

|🌀|CHAPTER:14|🌀|

✔️(Edited)✔️

I ran, uncontrollable tears rolling down my eyes. As the topping on the cake, I wasn't even wearing my glasses and hit every other person in my way who in return, spat insults at me.

"S-huh Sorry!" I said as I hit another person near the door. He started laughing at me and I lifted my head to look at them. Jack!

"Oh I see, you got your gift." He stared at me from up till down in disgust and started to walk away. Turning around towards me, he spoke again, "tell your friends to keep their hands to themselves." Listening this a sob escaped my lips. Everyone around was staring at the green mess that was me. All I wanted to do was to run, dig my own grave and burry myself in there.

I walked out of the door and went where my legs were taking me. "Stop! Spar-" I didn't let Carter complete.

"Oh, just shut up!" I accelerated my speed as I wiped my damp cheeks from the back of my hand, going in the opposite direction from him.

"Listen to me! Please, stop!" He ran towards me, I could tell by his fast, loud footsteps I heard.

"Why? Why Carter? Why should I stop? So that you can make more fun of me?" I chuckled, humourlessly. "As if I'm already not the joke around," I yelled.

"Would you just listen to me?" He held my wrist from behind.

"No! Now let me go!" I tried to yank my hand away from his grip but he clutched it even tighter, turning me around with the great force.

"Listen. To. Me. Sophia!" He roared.

"Or what?"

"What will you do? Break my hand? Slap me? Kick me? Throw something at me? Push me in a cockroach pool? Do whatever the f_ck you want to do. I'm not scared of you!" His grip became even hard on my hand making me cry in pain. "Why don't you just shoot me? Or best, throw me from a high building? Or even best, lock me in a room to die?"

"There's a slight chance you might get caught so why not just burry me alive? I'll die eventually." Hearing this he instantly let my hand go and looked down.

"Sophia," he sighed, shaking his head. "Please.... just hear me out," He let out, his voice was so pleading I couldn't refuse. I breathed out, my anger residing as I nodded. "I won't lie, my friends planned this. If only I knew, I wouldn't have let it happen."

"Why? Don't you hate me now? Bullying me! Playing with me! That's what you love, right? Do it! I'm permitting you to-" he kept his hand on my mouth, stopping me from saying any thing more.

"Sophia, I didn't know they had planned it. Heck I didn't even know they all were coming! I would've never invited you if I knew they were coming. Why can't you believe me?"

I shrugged, "you haven't given me a reason to."

"Sparky.... I didn't do it! I swear."

I sneered, "why are you even giving me clarifications. It's not like it matters, either to you or me."

"Sophia it do matters," he just leaned back. His eyes held such mixture of emotions, I couldn't point them out. If only I had known how to read eyes.

"Thanks a lot for today! I really enjoyed the green cockroach bath. Who in their right mind wouldn't? Hope this isn't a permanent hair dye." I referred to my hair which were now drenched in green liquid and fake laughed. "And so what if it's a dye? I'll just look funny, that I always look, so it won't be an issue. I had a great time! Bye!" I started to walk away but not before noticing the guilt in Carter's eyes.