⊲|Chapter:45'SURPRISE!'|⊳

How did you feel on the last day of your senior year?

GOAL: reaching to top 30

Don't forget to VOTE!

|🌀|CHAPTER:45|🌀|

It was our last day at school that day. People were being sentimental and emotions were all over the building. While most of us were busy taking selfies with everyone and hugging each other, I was roaming around. Roaming around, thinking about all those things I thought I'll miss. Never had I ever imagined I would be sad, leaving high school.

Because I had no friends to take pictures with and the fact that I had forgotten my phone that day didn't help. Thankfully, I wasn't that close to anyone there that it would've made me cry and hug the life out of them.

So I did what was my thing. I found myself staring at those stupid class desks which were in dire need of replacement.

I found myself enjoying the sound of the annoying school bell. The same bell that saved us many times and the same bell that was the cause of our miseries.

I found myself standing in the cafeteria and thinking about all the days I've spent there. Good days and bad days. I was reminded of all those times I was bullied, tortured, teased, thrown, hit and beaten in the same hall. At the same time I was reminded of the good times I've spent with Lia, Carter, Isaac and others.

I found myself touching the books of the library for one last time, inhaling their sent for the last time. I found myself hugging the librarian; Rose. I was thinking of all the days of my life when that library came to my rescue. Of all the days I ate lunch here along with my friends– the books. The same library that never let me feel alone.

I found myself studying my locker for one last time, and realizing how much I've become attached to it. How much I'll miss the locker. How much I'll miss putting up my password in it everyday. How much I'll miss the sight of my boyfriend leaning against it.

I found myself wandering in the restroom thinking of how it helped me escape my bullies' attacks. How, it provided a shelter to me every time someone was after me. How always I used to seek refuge in the restroom.

"Hey, were are you lost, Sparkle?" I heard Carter say, wrapping his arms around me. I twisted my head to place a kiss on his cheek as I smiled at him.

"It's just that today is our last day. And I'm going to miss everything about this school. Like-" suddenly I stopped, hearing an ear-piercing scream of Maddie. I started to chuckle, "-like this."

"I was just wondering how different it would be not coming here anymore. Like everyone of us is going their own way. And it feels bad. I know I've not been close to people here but...." I trailed unable to give words to my thoughts.

"I would say something like, the four years of hell are finally over!" Carter sipped his drink as he said.

"I agree with the hell part. But in these four years we've made some great memories. Good ones and bad one. Which makes it difficult to leave this place..."

"Come on, Sparkle. I don't really wanna say it but if anything, we've dreadfully shitty memories of these four years. I have the memories of doing wrong to innocent people and it makes me guilty whenever it crosses my mind. And you have memories of being bullied, by me, my so called friends and everyone in general. These memories are no where near great, Sparkle."

"I have good memories too Carter. Like you being protective over me, you, saving me from bullies, proving you correct to Mr. Miller, you, kissing me for the first time. Our skipping of school, pulling pranks on Maddie and when we sneaked inside the gymnasium to play basket ball. Also one of the memories is my friendship with Lia. These things are better than great Carter. These are the beautiful memories."