⊲|Chapter:43 'IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU LUCAS.'|⊳

Hey! * insert a wild wave here* not because I'm crazy. But because I'm really happy. Because.... idk why but I just am.

Sophia in the picture above!

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE THIS BOOK.

GOAL: reach to the top 30s. 😊

Sorry if you find any mistakes. I wrote it in a hurry.

|🌀|CHAPTER:43|🌀|

To say I was a mixture of numerous emotions would be a complete understatement. Happiness, guilt, sadness, anxiety, curiosity, worry, hatred, love, confusion, excitement, fear and what not.

I'm having a hard time to describe how I felt.

After a total time period of seventeen years and ten months, my parents finally accepted me as their daughter. Mom was being so kind to me, it felt like a freaking dream. A good dream where you get all you want. Dad was, well, Dad but I could sense less harshness in his tone.

To top this, they were taking me along to a party. A party of the riches where they never took me because I was such a shame to them. When I got to know about it my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. Never had I expected to hear my Mom, who I thought hated me asking me to accompany her to a party. I was happy because my parents were starting to acknowledge my presence. They were starting to care.

But knowing that I was hiding a huge secret from them was drowning me in a sea of guilt. The secret of dating Carter. Dad had demanded something from me that I was totally unable to give him. I could, in no circumstance leave Carter. Because I loved him. I loved him more than I loved myself. More than anyone I've ever met. And being aware of the fact that I was disobeying them when they were being extremely welcoming was making me ashamed. Ashamed of myself and how selfish I was.

I was excited to go to the party. This was one of the chance to discover my parent's world. To meet sophisticated people and to let them know that a daughter of Andersons do exit after all. It was a chance to meet new people and to see how things usually work in these kind of parties.

But at the same time the word 'party' made me cringe with fear. Actually the fear overpowered excitement. Parties and I had never been great friends. Going to the party with Carter was not actually a very sensible idea. And I was scared something similar or something worst will happen to me. I didn't have it in me to refuse to them. How could I? They were finally taking a step ahead towards me and refusing to go would mean me taking a step back. Which gets equal to zero accomplishments.

I was scared of how people would judge me. Because according to my dear mother, I was unsophisticated, unladylike, mannerless, uncivilized, unlearned and the list never ends. I clearly had an idea of how similar others of the same background would think of me. It's not like you could learn all of the things above in a single day.

I gulped the contents of my mouth down my throat as I kept my eyes trained on the dress resting innocently on the bed. Innocent my ass. It was resting devilishly on my bed enjoying how just by looking at it it could torture me. Because it was a freaking knee-length dress.

I had never liked dresses that showed my legs– Or any unnecessary body part for that matter. I know most of the girls here do not like to show their legs either. It's not like wearing short dresses makes us look slutty, it just makes us uncomfortable. Like first of all you have to shave your legs timely. And let's not go the waxing part. It hurts like a bitch. And they make you totally uncomfortable as guys like to stare. Very much. You cannot jump. You cannot sit on a bike. You cannot bend.