⊲|Chapter:54' WHO WAS THE LUCKY GIRL?!'|⊳

Hi people!

Im so sorry. Im so so so sorry. Here are flowers 🌺 🌺 🌺 for all of you.

The chapter got deleted because of me. I am the one to blame here. I wrote the chapter opening my eyes like tom does in tom and jerry when he's sleepy as shit. And just as I updated, my stupid self accidentally pressed the delete option and all of my efforts went to waste.

Yeah I've got all your messages complaining how you can't see the new chapter but I was too busy to reply. Again, I'm sorry.

Now for you guys I left every work I had and updated this damn book. So thank me.

I'll post the dedications tomorrow.

VOTE!!!

Enjoy reading!

|🌀|CHAPTER: 54|🌀|

Stretching my aching back, I opened my eyes yet again to come face to face with that similar window, showing nothing but the darkness of night. There were no stars in the sky and I couldn't find the moon either.

Tired of changing sides and trying to sleep, I let go off the warmth of the blanket I was wrapped in and walked towards my balcony. It was quiet there. It was so peaceful around but my my heart wasn't at peace, my mind wasn't at peace.

I sat there, the coldness of the floor seeping through me while I watched the dark, black sky. It reminded me of myself. The sky looked lonely, just like me. It did not have anything shining on it that night. I could locate no single star above me.

Depressing thoughts never left my mind but I had nothing better to do. I felt like I was trapped in a house where there was only a single door to exit and that too was locked. I felt like those windows which could come to my use had also been locked tightly.

And just like that, drowned in my own thoughts, I stared above me. It wasn't Just that night. It was like that since the day I found out about my marriage. Seconds changed into minutes and minutes changed into hours. I could no more feel my sore butt, sitting on the same position for hours with my hands wrapped around my knees.

Slowly, I realized it wasn't night anymore. I could witness the change of colour in the sky. The different shades that decorated the surface of the sky. The chirping of birds entered into my ears and it was that moment that I was able to detach my mind from all those depressing thoughts. I was reminded of the saying that always helped me survive: After every dark night, there is a brighter day.

With that hope in mind, I laid back, letting my eyes close and started to explore my own dreamland.

I woke up to the sound of someone talking near me. Realizing it was only Rebecca, I tried to drift back to my lovely sleep when she came in between us. "Sophia, come on! Out of thousands of beds of this house, you chose to sleep in your balcony? Why?"

Registering the meaning behind her words, I figured I was not on my bed. That reminded me of my now cracking back and I groaned out of pain. "Ahh. Will you help me up now?" Grabbing Rebecca's hand, I pulled myself up, letting out multiple grunts in the process.

"Who told you to sleep out here?!"

"I didn't want to sleep there, okay. I just dozed off without my knowledge," as we walked in my room, I answered her back. My eyes landed on my bed and the blanket that I had been wearing last night.