⊲|Chapter:38 'INCREDIBLY IRRESISTIBLE!'|⊳

Hey!

≫≫≫≫ So there's this GAME I thought of. The one who comments the most will get the next chapter dedicated. And of course three COOKIES.🍪🍪🍪

LET'S SEE WHO WINS THESE COOKIES! 🍪🍪🍪

I'm so excited!

|🌀|CHAPTER:38|🌀|

"Carter...."

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. The image in front of me was like an illusion–so surreal–so unrealistic, astonishing and what not. I saw Carter appear from behind the tree with the same cute puppy in his arms. His smile was what got my already jumping heart hopping wildly. His smile was so sincere, so persuasive that I couldn't doubt it anymore.

It felt as if everything was truth. Can a person act so sincere? Just as my heart started to melt I remembered the day I started to trust Carter. He did nothing but wound that trust in return and that stopped me from making the same mistake again. Of forgiving him, again. Of trusting him, again.

Carter started to approach me, his eyes never leaving mine. "Please, Sparkle?" His tone felt soft like a ball of cotton. It sounded as if he was begging. I looked at him and then diverted my gaze to the puppy in his arms. Both of them had those identical expressions on their faces. "Carter.... what- I- what is this?"

"An attempt to make my Sparkle happy," at his words a small smile tugged on my face which turned into a huge grin even though I didn't want it to. I wanted to make a cold expression. To show that he had failed in his attempt. To show that I was aware of his act. To show that he could fool me once but not twice.

But my muscles betrayed me.

"Carter.... you know, I'm not going to be fooled. All-" I stopped when my eyes caught Carter's smile. His sincere smile. So wide, so refreshing, so comforting smile that became even wider as he kept staring at me. "I've prepared this speech. It contains all the answers you need," Carter declared as he started to search his pockets for something. "Here!" Retreating a paper from his pants he held it in front of his face.

"I'm sorry. I'm really really really sorry. It was my mistake and I admit. I should've talked to you first before believing Maddie and Jack. Before believing your friend, Lia. I should've trusted you and I should've known that you're not that type of girl. But saying the truth, you were wrong too. I understand that Isaac kissed you forcefully, without you knowing but you could've told that to me. I'd have taken no time to dig his grave. I-"

"That's the reason-" I started to say but Carter shushed me.

"I really thought you had betrayed me and that is why I sided with all those idiots. You know that I'm an idiot too, still you listened to me. You tried to kill yourself again when you had promised me not to! And.... the reason for not visiting you in the hospital were plenty. I was worried about you. All those nights I couldn't sleep because you were in pain. Seeing you with all those machines, witnessing you, struggling to live and knowing it was all caused by me," Carter's eye glistened. He was no more looking inside the paper.

"I was guilty. I was frustrated, mad. Mad at myself for doing what I did. Because at that moment I realized that I couldn't live without you. I couldn't imagine living without you. I couldn't meet your eyes. I was ashamed of myself. And so, just as I knew you were fine, I left. It wasn't like I didn't care. I came everyday, but was just afraid to meet you. And I was afraid I might flare up on you. Because you had broken your promise. You did not think about others and just used that poison." Carter decreased the gap between us as his hand went to hold my free one. "Who the hell even gives you such ideas?!" He barked, a shriek escaping my lips. "You drive me crazy, Sparkle! You really frustrate me. Why are you so weak? Does not anyone in this world means anything to you?" He scolded still pulling me close to him.