⊲|Chapter:37 'WILL YOU FORGIVE YOUR CARTER?'|⊳

GOAL: 170 votes

GOAL: 170 votes.

|🌀|CHAPTER:37|🌀|

*** will be replying to the first few comments till I'm free*** 😉

Have you ever felt like you had lived your life the fullest. And there was no other moment you wished to spend in the world. Like your purpose for coming to the world was fulfilled. Like everything was complete. That contentment, that comfort, that pleasuring satisfaction, that ease and happiness was all I needed. And it felt like I had lived fully.

Just by looking at my Dad smile at me.

Yeah, you read right. The impossible had happened. Though he did not smile fully. Thought that smile did not reach his eyes, thought it was only for a mere second, but even then the joy and cheerfulness it brought along was seen by me as a jar of hearts.

At that moment it was clear to me, if ever, in my life, I'll be attached to someone, that'd be my Dad. I'd be a proud Daddy's girl if he ever let me.

So, how did the miracle happen?

After the meal after I came from school, I still had that empty feeling inside my stomach. Being my over-efficient, over-obedient, self-killing self I was, gave the bowl to Dad and later the hunger wasn't letting me do anything productive.

Making my way into the kitchen I tried finding something that could satisfy the excited muscle inside me. Just when my gaze landed on the empty bowl of pasta a contended sigh left my mouth. A creepy smile crawled up my face as I registered the fact that Dad had indeed eaten all of it.

The grumbling sound coming from my stomach brought me back from my lovely fantasyland. My eyes caught my absolute favourite and I wasted no time in grabbing the jar of cornflakes. Filling the bowl with milk, I added the cornflakes in it and topped it with a little of chocolate syrup. My mouth was already watering. Just as I began eating it, I paralyzed with the spoon hanging before my widely opened mouth. My eyes had landed on Dad standing outside the kitchen with a frown on his face.

"R-Richard..." I started to say, completely embarrassed to have been caught eating cornflakes at 4 in the evening. My cheeks heated up as I started to curse myself. Now he would think that I'm that reckless girl he mentioned earlier and that I don't have any manners.

God, what have I done?!

Dad came inside and placed his hands on the dining table, having a clear picture of my cornflakes. "Uh... I-I'm sorry. I was just.." hungry. I was hungry.

"You lied. You told me you weren't hungry. Who taught you to lie like that, huh?" Dragging the chair opposite mine, he sat there still shooting his glare at me. My eyes found their way down towards the floor and it the most safest thing to rely to. I didn't know how was I supposed to answer such type of question.