The Story Begins

"The enemy is breaking through! Retreat! Protect the Queen!" Yelled a beaver in armor to his squadron of knights. He saw their injured bodies and knew that they would have to run. They quickly made a break for the castle, leaving a bloodied field behind them.

Upon reaching the castle, they made their way straight to the throne room to find their precious ruler.

"My Lady!" The knight yelled frantically, "The enemy is at our door steps! We must get you to safety!"

In front of him stood a female purple hedgehog dressed elegantly. Looking down with 3 bundles in her arms.

"No. Don't worry about me. I will see to my own safety, but I want all of you to get back to your families and make sure they are okay." She said to the squadron.

"But my Queen..." The knight looked down at the 3 bundles in the Queen's arms. "Möbius will fall... And what about the princes and princess?" He asked, pain and sadness in his eyes.

The queen let a single tear shed as a hooded, elder crocodile walked out from behind her. "I know... but I will not allow more Mobian blood to be shed on a war that we cannot win. As for now, we must accept defeat." She said.

"Aleena is correct, boys" spoke the elder. "There is a prophecy." He spoke as he showed the group an image of the war torn planet, "A broken world, dominated by chaos, with darkness controlling its heart will look up to its savior... A hedgehog wearing cobalt blue, a knight of the wind, will rise, followed by his pink half, along with their companions to restore balance and peace to the world, and will bring back power to the rightful heirs."

The Queen looked down at the blue infant in her arms, as if she already knew who the prophecy spoke of. Suddenly, tremors around them brought the group's attention to the raging battle outside the walls.

"There isn't much time, all of you reach safety, I will take care of the children." Ordered the Queen.

"But what about you, Lady Aleena?!"

"This will be the last time you will hear from me for a long time... I must go into hiding... Take care of yourselves. Farewell!" Yelled the Queen as she ran off.

The knights bowed down to their queen for the final time as they saw her retreat into a secret passage, praying that she would be safe and for the future of their world.
____________________________________

On the other side of the once-magnificent castle, was a river, gently flowing down the mountain which the kingdom stood atop. A gateway opened at the head of the river revealing the Queen and her children. She took a minute to view the river, silently wishing it had all been just a silly nightmare, that she would wake up any moment now - but she knew that this was the true reality. Finally, she looked down at her children. After many losses, the queen had gained immense emotional control, however, she could not help but let a few tears loose as she watched over her children for what may be the last time.

"We have had such a short time together, my precious babies. In this short time, I have come to love you more than anything in the world. But sadly, fate has been horribly cruel to us." She looked at all three infants, "Manic... Sonia..." and finally she looked to the blue one, "Sonic..." she looked to the sky, "Chaos above, please protect my babies. Make sure they stay together forever, and guide each other so that they may learn to be righteous and generous to all, and to take back what is rightfully theirs..."

The Queen finally took a basket and placed the three bundles of life within it along with three medallions and finally a note. She placed the basket into the gentle waters of the river. As if the river had heard the mother, it became more gentle than ever, all waves diminishing, as it carried the basket out to a land far away. As the Queen watched on, she spoke one final time,

"May the ancestors look after you... May they look after us all..."
____________________________________

Okay Sonamy readers! This is my first fan fiction so if it sucks, don't be surprised. This is an Adventure/Romance story just to clarify. I know I barely hinted at the Sonamy-mess barely but I promise there will be much more to come! Feel free to comment and message me if you want me to continue! I'm looking to make this a long story/series!