Rise

"So you've got six of the seven emeralds in your hands now, Doctor. What now?" Orbot asked, scrambling around to see what Robotnik was working on.

"Now I figure out why the damn hell the scanners can't seem to locate the seventh emerald," Robotnik replied angrily, his fingers scrambling away at the keyboard in front of him. "Interesting... Normally, the Gerald-Maria counter can detect chaos energy from all over the planet. But I'm only receiving two signals, one strong signal here which is clearly my emeralds and a stronger signal at Angel Island which is clearly the Master Emerald."

"Why don't we go get the Master Emerald, milord?" Orbot asked.

"Oh I don't need it anymore! With Sonic gone, no one can stop me! I can take all the time in the world to conduct my plans once again!" Robotnik replied, the usual smirk once again present on his face.

Orbot took a second to think. "Let me make a suggestion, sir. What if we were to launch the Roboticizer tomorrow instead of waiting? Six emeralds is enough power for its lasers to cover all our intended targets, although the charging time will be longer. But we could parade it in the streets of Robotropolis and show the rest of Möbius who's in charge! It'd crush their morale!"

"I love parades! And we can look for the last emerald while we're parading too, boss!" Cubot exclaimed from the scientists other side.

Robotnik stared up at his monitors. "Hmmm... not a bad idea indeed! Glad I thought of it! Ho ho ho ho!"

The two Bots looked at each other, "But sir, we came up with those ideas..." Orbot said.

"Quiet, Orbot! Can't you see I'm gloating in triumph of my master plan? Now go make yourselves useful and fetch me some eats!" Robotnik ordered back, completely ignoring the two Bots. The two robots face-palmed as they left. Robotnik turned his attention back to his monitor, pulling up a view of Hyper Metal Sonic encased in his repair capsule.

"Tomorrow is a bit early, even for me. I'd like to take a bit of a relaxed approach before my takeover. But what if instead of a parade in Robotropolis, I extend the festivities to Knothole?! Ho Ho Ho Ho!!" The scientist cackled to himself. "I'll wait till the end of the week to make my move and it'll give you more time to return to 100% functionality. Excellent work, my Hyper Metal Sonic. Ho Ho Ho!!"

"Right now, the main focus is finding out where on Mobius that Chaos Emerald is..."

________________________________________________________________________________

"BACK IN BED THIS INSTANT, SONIC!"

Sonic quickly realized that Sonia's ability to yell and order him around was genetic. That and her ability to scare her with her anger was clearly passed down from his Mom's side.

"Mom! It's been a day since I met you and you're already joining Sonia and 'mom-ing' me around?" Sonic asked, recoiling from the mean looks from his mother and sister.

"Well, of course! You're in no shape to move around! I've been waiting to 'mom' you around for 18 years," Aleena replied back, half-annoyed and half-amused by the interactions of her children. Oh, how she had missed this... missed them. Sonic let out a deep breath and reluctantly laid back down in his bed. His mother came in and took a seat next to him on the bed, followed by Sonia who sat in a chair next to Sonic, and Manic who sat on the floor resting his head on his mother's legs. Aleena smiled at her children, combing Manic's quills with one hand while resting her other hand on Sonic's chest.

Sonic held his mother's hand on his chest, taking comfort in her presence, a feeling reflected by each of the triplets. It was amazing how good she was at being a mother despite the 18 years of solitude. Maybe it was just the fact that each of the kids had been missing this their entire lives, and to finally have this time with their mother was one of the greatest feelings in the world.