Where there is Light, there is always Darkness

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... These chili dogs taste nothing like Ames's. Not gonna say that out loud though, Sally would skin me quill from quill."

Sonic inwardly groaned as Sally kept taking food out of the bottomless pit that was her picnic basket. Sitting here was driving him crazy... but he couldn't move. He'd endure the "pain" rather than leave a friend behind. As he kept his awkward smile up, trying to enjoy the picnic, Sally kept trying to make conversation.

"Hope you're having fun, Sonic. Did you enjoy the chili dogs? I know they're you're favorite." She asked.

"Huh? Oh yea! Totally." The hedgehog answered.

"You know I really like to spend time with you, Sonic..." she continued.

"Yea, I love hanging out with all my friends."

As they conversed, from behind the nearby perimeter fence, scanned two pairs of eyes: one sapphire and the other maroon-red. Upon closer inspection, the eyes seemed to belong to a young, yellow fox and a green hedgehog, as they watched Sonic and Sally having their picnic.

"Hey, Sonic? Do you like-like anyone?"

The question came out abruptly, causing the hedgehog to whip his head to look at her, wondering where it came from. She stared into his soul as he began to sweat profusely. The other hedgehog and fox spying on them focused in, very interested in where the conversation was going.

"Uh-uh why do you ask?" The hedgehog asked, stuttering.

The squirrel smiled innocently as she replied,

"Just asking, so I'll take that as a no? If so, can I ask another question?"

Sonic took a breath out of relief as he answered,

"That was close." "Sure shoot away." He tried to regain his composure as he took another bite out of a chili dog.

"Have you ever kissed a girl?"

He choked on the bite in his mouth as he began coughing and hacking uncontrollably. If he wasn't uncomfortable before, he definitely was now. Meanwhile, the two boys spying on the pair began snickering as they got even more excited about what was going to happen.

As Sonic finally gained control, he replied nervously,

"No?"

Sally giggled as she spoke,

"No? I haven't either. How about we change that?" She finished as she began to lean into his face.

Sonic was frozen from fear as if it wasn't fear that was keeping him from moving but ice instead. As Sally got closer and closer, his eyes began to bug out more and more. Tails and Manic leaned in, Tails because he wanted to see if what he had expected for so long would finally come true, Manic out of fear that his crush was about to get her first kiss NOT from him. Thankfully for Manic, the moment was suddenly "ruined" when a scream broke through, a familiar scream, or screams.

Sonic finally broke out from his trance when he heard the scream. When he realized who the screams came from, he began to panic.

"Sonia... Amy?!"
"Cream?!" Came a voice from the yellow fox nearby.

Sally didn't get a second to ask what happened before a powerful rush of wind was felt from beside her as she realized that Sonic was gone. Looking towards the hill, she noticed a blue blur moving towards the other side of Green Hill towards the gardens with Tails and Manic in company. She sighed sadly as her moment had been ruined, but began racing after them when she realized her friends were the ones who had screamed so horribly.
____________________________________