Vega

Sonic ran back home, eager to tell his friends and family about what his final decision was. When he reached there, he walked in to the hilarious sight of Manic shoving food in his mouth with the Sonic Crew counting as the adults looked on. He laughed along with them before he relayed the story of his mini-adventure only 10-15 mins ago. Hoping that they would approve, he was surprised when some of them disagreed with him - specifically a certain squirrel.

"Sonic the Hedgehog! Do you care about anything besides mischief? We have just found out how vital you are to our future and here you are, running off so far from home getting into deadly fights without any training whatsoever!"

Chuck watched and listened on as the Mayor scolded Sonic. Though he was proud of the boy, he was also irritated that the young hedgehog ran so far from home without permission.

"Max is right, Sonic. I admit I'm proud of you for saving that village, you should not have gone so far away without telling me. I'm not willing to lose the only family I have left."

Maximillian nodded and turned back to Sonic one last time before speaking,

"Sonic the Hedgehog. From this moment, you are forbidden from going past Green Hill Zone until you have been trained to engage in combat."

Sonic only rolled his eyes as he "accepted" his punishment. While he was being scolded, he was planning something that would get him in a lot of trouble, but in the end it would be worth it. He turned to look at the Sonic Crew again as they continued on with their shenanigans: Manic trying to swallow the load of food in his mouth, Sonia, Cream, and Amy playing some dance game, and Tails working on some electronic device that was too high-tech for Sonic's mind. He smiled before turning around to walk out, unaware that he was being followed.
____________________________________

Sonic came out and looked out at the night sky. The stars were beautiful tonight. There was one that he couldn't take his eyes off because it shined brighter than all the others around it, which he realized were in the form of a harp-shaped constellation. For some reason, as he kept watching that star, all he could think about was Amy.

"That constellation is called Lyra, the Harp of Orpheus. And the star you're looking at is called Vega, the Harp Star."

Sonic didn't need to turn around to know who it was that said that. He could recognize that sweet voice anywhere. But he turned around anyway, because he wanted to see her beautiful, jade eyes and her gorgeous smile, too. He looked over as Amy came and sat down next to him and looked up at the stars with him.

"You did a great thing today, Sonic... I'm proud of you and I'm so lucky to be your friend." The pink hedgehog sincerely told the blue one, the smile never leaving her face, as a blush crawled up her muzzle.

Sonic felt his own blush growing on his face as he smiled at her. He knew he'd have to tell her what he was planning to do before he did it. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't tell her.

"Thanks, Ames... when they called me a "hero," I've never felt so special in my entire life. All because of today, I know that I want to be the one that can bring back peace. Not because I want to be a hero. But because by doing that, I can make sure that all of you will always be safe, and you'll live happily for the rest of your lives."

Amy smiled thinking, "and that's why I love you Sonic."

"Sonic... Do you know what makes you a true hero?" She asked him.

The boy thought before answering,

"Is it the fame? The fans? The money? Or the popularity?"