The Ball(room Blitz)

Friday night:

"Oh my God, Amy!! You look gorgeous! Her tan-brown friend exclaimed as she finished her friend's make-up.

Amy stood up and twirled around, showing off her outfit. She wore a decorated sky-blue, white, and tiffany-blue dress with a golden belt and buttons. White gloves and golden ring-bracelets to show her elegance. Finally, to top it off, she wore a sky-blue with golden, decorated metal circle ends. She looked stunning - like a goddess.

"Thank you, Cream! Are you sure you're not over complimenting? I wasn't very sure about this dress..." The pink hedgehog replied with a blush.

"Of course, Amy! You look amazing! Sonic will be blown away! By the way, where did you get that dress? I've never seen it before and I definitely would have remembered if I saw it."

Amy recalled as she answered,

"Honestly, I don't know myself. It just appeared there in my closet one day. For some reason, I feel an attachment to it, so I kept it. Anyway, enough about me, where did Sonia go off to?"

"She said that she had to go see Sonic and Manic. Something about how her stupid brothers couldn't be trusted with dressing for a formal occasion as this." Cream giggled as she answered, earning a laugh from Amy as well. They looked at the clock to see the time showing 7:50.

Wide-eyed, they both screamed,

"ITS ALREADY 7:50?! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!! They finished as they sprinted off towards the castle, their heels not breaking due to some miracle by Chaos.
____________________________________

Sonic waited amongst the crowd, dressed in a tuxedo, showing smiles, greeting people, and conversing with the occasional attendee. Though they couldn't see it, the hedgehog was going through torture.

"I have to wear this thing till 11 pm? This ball will be the death of me. If I move at all, my tux will get shredded. Chaos have mercy on my soul."

He resorted to surveying the ballroom. He saw as Tails grabbed some fruit punch and laughed as he saw Manic filling up his plate with food. Sonic knew Manic was really excited about tonight, he was the only person besides their sister to know of Manic's feelings for the squirrel-lass that was his date.

Speaking of dates, Sonic was still waiting for his along with Tails. He didn't know how much longer he'd be able to wait, he needed to run. Tails was holding in a laugh as he came up beside the blue hedgehog and noticed him fidgeting out of discomfort.

"Can't handle the suit, can ya?" He asked, teasingly.

Sonic had a 😑 face as he answered,

"Ha. Ha. Laugh it up. But yea you're right."

Tails was about to say something again but he stopped talking with his mouth open as he stared past Sonic. Sonic, wondering what his little-bro was staring at turned himself and found himself frozen as well.

There stood 2 beautiful, young women. Though they were... sweating? They looked absolutely stunning. However, Sonic and Tails were both looking at different females. Tails stared at the tan-brown damsel dressed in a orange and blue dress. Her cute bunny-ears were wrapped in blue ribbons which flew behind her as she walked. Tails was awestruck as he somehow found his voice when she reached him.

"Uh... uh... m-may I have this dance, milady?" He stuttered as he asked the question.

Cream giggled uncontrollably as she nodded and grabbed his hand, leading him to the dance floor.

Meanwhile, Sonic's gaze stayed on Amy, who stood in front of him giggling at his expression. When Sonic finally realized what was going on, he also realized he hadn't breathed since Amy came into his sight as he quickly regained steady breathing. Amy couldn't help laughing out loud as she watched him gasping. When they both finally regained their composure, they smiled at each other as Sonic spoke,