Birth of a Hero

"You are the Legend that will save us."

Sonic didn't know what to think has he stared at his Uncle with his mouth agape. His friends, equally shocked, stayed silent and let the information sink in. Finally, Manic broke the silence,

"So... does that mean we're... royalty?"

Chuck thought before answering,

"You are the children of the Queen, yes. However, as of now, Robotnik possesses the crown of Möbius. So technically, you aren't royalty."

Satisfied (but not happy), with the answer, Manic retreated back as Sally stepped up to speak with her father.

"I guess this might be a good time to tell you guys something really important." She spoke as she looked up at Maximillian, giving him a look that said to continue for her.

The Mayor understood as he relayed his speech,

"The truth is, we aren't from this place. We are the royal family of Knothole kingdom. It's a smaller kingdom than Möbius which is why when the war began, we decided to hide it by running out and establishing this village."

At hearing this, everyone, even Chuck, was surprised. Silence once again befell the group but not for long as Sonic finally spoke up.

"So you say I'm supposed to be some kind of hero? Like I have to save the world? Uncle Chuck, I know we used to play "Hero" all the time as kids, but this has to be a joke. How am I supposed to save anyone?!"

Chuck looked at the blue hedgehog for a minute, understanding the weight of the news before speaking again,

"You will be a hero. I believe it. You will be a hero because the world depends on you. But do not fear, you're never going to be alone, because we will be right behind you." The crew smiled at this as they looked at the soon-to-be hero.

Sonic glanced around at everybody: Cream and Vanilla, Sally and her dad, Tails, Uncle Chuck, Manic and Sonia, and finally... Amy. The look in her and the smile she gave him ignited feelings he'd been feeling for a long time. He smiled back before speaking up,

"I... I need some time to think. I'll be back in a little bit." He stared to leave but turned back around yelling,

"Thanks for the presents everyone! They're amazing. Oh and Amy... is it okay if I open yours when I get back?"

The Rose smiled at the Blue Blur before answering,

"Of course, Sonic. Take all the time you need."

Smiling back, he quickly dashed out, multiple thoughts racing through his mind as he raced through the land. Normally, when he needed to think, he'd run circles around the village, but today was different. Today, he really needed to run. So he ran, further from home than ever, even farther than Green Hill Zone as he got lost in his pool of thoughts.

Sonic's mind:

"Mom... why did you leave us? Did you love us? Did we disappoint you?... if you're still out there... wherever you are, I-no, we will find you. I'll make sure we never get separated again."

"Can I really be a hero... everyone says I'm such a great leader... is that why they call us the Sonic Crew? If the world needed us... would we be able to step up to help?"

"Amy... for the longest time... I've been feeling weird around her. Like I feel like I can't breathe, and my face gets really hot... and I don't know what to say. And I can't help but think about how much I like her smile... and her eyes... Does this mean I like-like her?"

Thoughts close

Before he could get farther, he noticed a small village in the distance. He started making his way towards it but stopped when he noticed the smoke rising up. It wasn't long before he noticed the robots holding the villagers hostage. The first reaction he had was to run away... but that was replaced with a sudden urge to do something about this. As he saw a mother wolf get separated from her daughter, his decision was made as he raced into the village.
____________________________________

The Badnik had had enough. This inferior life-form was keeping it from fulfilling orders for far too long. It threw the little wolf girl on the ground, knowing how hard it would need to throw her to make sure she wouldn't be able to get up and escape her oncoming fate. It aimed its gun at the little girl, earning screams from the mother, but it remained unflinching. After performing this procedure so many times since being placed in the field, the Badnik's clever programming knew that in a few moments, the mother wolf would have nothing to scream about. However, before it took the shot, it noticed its arm was torn off completely, and within seconds, its other parts were crushed as communication ceased forever.
____________________________________

Sonic dashed around, rolling up into a ball while raising his quills, and smashing into the robots. The unsuspecting robots had no time to react, having never been placed in a position where there enemy was moving fast enough to avoid any detection. Finally, only one was left, that too with its arms and legs crushed beyond repair. As it finally caught sight of the blue sphere coming at it, it captured an image of the moment and sent it back to headquarters before being nailed by the bullet-like sphere. Sonic uncurled one final time and looked around to see piles of metal limbs leftover from his handiwork. He turned around and started checking on the villagers to make sure they were okay. When he reached a female wolf and her daughter, he was smothered in a hug before he had a chance to ask anything. The mother wolf let go and thanked the hedgehog with tears in her eyes.

All the other villagers bowed down and thanked him endlessly. Sonic felt something he had never felt before: Pride.

"You saved my little girl... you saved all of us... thank you, Mr..." she trailed off, not knowing what to call him.

Not knowing what to say he simply said,

"I'm Sonic... Sonic the Hedgehog." With a thumbs-up.

As the villagers kept thanking him, Sonic looked up at the sky, feeling the Wind, knowing that She had lead him to his decision.

"Thank you for leading me to this. I know what I want to do. I'm going to be the hero that this world needs."
____________________________________

The hero is finally here!!! Man 2 straight chapters with little to no Sonamy. This is killin me guys. But next chapter is gonna have some amazing Sonamyness 😍😍 Hope you all are enjoying the story!!