The Mysterious Gem

Amy Rose laughed happily as she was carried in the arms of Sonic. She'd never get tired of the thrill and excitement she felt when she was moving at the speed of sound. It only got better with the feeling of being in Sonic's arms as she was moving with him at the incredible speeds. For a little while, she just looked around them, admiring the blurred colors that the couple passed by. After looking around for a while, she suddenly felt a rush of inertia and she realized that Sonic was speeding up. Not used to moving this fast she finally turned to look up at Sonic's face for relief, admiring him as he was the only thing in her eyes that wasn't a blur of colors. She studied his face, the way he bit his lip in concentration, how his emerald orbs stared ahead intensely, and yet how relaxed he looked, the excitement just dancing in his eyes. Amy couldn't help sigh as she nestled deeper into Sonic's arms, never taking her eyes off of his face.

Sonic continued to look ahead as he broke the silence between them,

"I'll never get tired of this... it's just... awesome! What do ya think about it, Ames?"

"I love it, Sonic. It's simply... breathtaking..." Amy answered back, still in her trance as she studied Sonic's face.

Sonic felt eyes on his face. Looking down, his eyes met Amy's tender gaze.

"Something wrong, Ames?

Amy smiled, finally breaking out of trance as she responded,

"Nothing... just... you."

"Me? Is there something on my face or something?" Sonic blushed as he asked, embarrassed.

Amy giggled before answering back.

"No, no, Sonic. I mean... everything about you. You're fast, you're strong, you're sweet, you're cute, and..." she blushed and nuzzled into his chest, "You're mine."

Sonic smiled down at her.

"There's no one else in the world I'd rather belong to." He responded back before lifting Amy to give her a kiss, one that she happily returned.

As they returned to their original positions, Amy was about ready to watch the scenery again until Sonic interrupted her plans with a question.

"Hey, Ames? I love running with you in my arms but can we please change back into our normal clothes? This formal attire is making it hard to run and I don't think we're going to be dancing anymore... not to mention they're all torn up now..."

Amy looked over Sonic and couldn't help laughing as she noticed the already worn out shirt, torn pants, and sole-less shoes. She got up slightly to kiss his cheek and then nodded to him, prompting Sonic to dash to her house first, then his house. Not much later, they were once again seen running towards Green Hill Zone.
____________________________________

Sonic and Amy sat on top of one of the biggest hills in Green Hill as they gazed over the land. Amy sat in Sonic's lap as he held her by her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder as they cuddled. Every once in a while he'd kiss her cheek, earning a kiss back. However, after a little while, he noticed that Amy wasn't kissing him back anymore. He looked at her to see her lost in thought.

"Something wrong, Ames?"

She looked at him, a worried expression on her face, earning a concerned expression from Sonic himself.

"Sonikku... you won't lie to me, right?"

Sonic became afraid, wondering where she was going with this.

"Of course, I wouldn't! What's wrong?"

She looked back out at the greenery around them.

"Well, ever since you've came back, whenever someone brings up your mom or they ask why you left... you get upset. I want to know why... and the truth, please."