Sally vs. Amy - the Beginning

Sally walked up to the group, earning glares from the girls while Sonic smiled, brightly.

"Hey Sal! Miss me?" He exclaimed.

"Of course I did, Sonic! How could I not have? I missed you more than anyone!" The princess exclaimed back as she came up to hug him.

Sally hugged him closely, purposely rubbing her... developed body against the hedgehog's torso. Sonic stood there, uncomfortable and unsure of what to do, as he looked at Amy who was staring a hole into Sally's back. If looks could kill, they would be at Sally's funeral right now. Amy cleared her throat, prompting the squirrel to let go of Sonic, as he quickly rushed to Amy's side and put an arm around her waist, earning a happy sigh from the Rose and a scowl from Sally. The group started to chat up, with Sally being cordial for the first time in a long time, only thanks to Manic.

"So you've been watching us this entire time?!" Sonia asked, slight anger evident in her tone.

Sonic sweat dropped before answering,

"Hehe... yeaaaa..." He looked around to see the annoyed faces of all of them.

"And you didn't think to drop by once to see us?!" Cream interrogated further.

"Well, that would be going against the entire purpose of it. I wanted to learn how to depend on myself and to live out there in the open!" Sonic replied, defensively.

Everyone looked at him with an "are you kidding me" kind of face as Sonic gave a nervous grin. All conversation was ended when they noticed a group of knights heading their way - followed by King Acorn and Uncle Chuck.
____________________________________

The two older gentlemen stared into the hero's soul. One of them stared to see if Sonic would be afraid and apologize to them. The other stared into him with pride, trying to see if this was really the young blue hedgehog he had raised. Everyone stared at the 3, wondering what would happen next until the King finally broke the silence.

"Sonic the Hedgehog!" He announced trying to sound as authoritative as he used to be able to when he was younger.

Sonic stepped forward, out of Amy's arms, before answering,

"Your Majesty." He bowed out of courtesy.

The King walked up to him and raised his hand, everyone expecting him to smack the hedgehog to the ground for his disobedience. So of course they were surprised when he pulled him into a large friendly hug.

"Though you disobeyed me, Sonic. Might I say, I'm proud of you. What you have done for this world... no one else would be able to." The King complimented.

Sonic blushed with his hands behind his head trying to find the right words to say,

"Ahhh... come on, sir. If not me, someone else would have done it eventually. I'm just another Mobian trying to bring peace back to our planet. I couldn't have done it without all your support. If anything, you all are the true heroes here."

The King smiled brightly at the hedgehog,

"Well spoken, Sonic. You really are a true hero. You have the fame, the fans, and the heroics to prove it." The King complimented further.

"Thank you, your highness. But I think that what really makes you a true hero is that you fight for what is right, and that my closest friends believe in me." Sonic spoke, looking back at Amy who smiled sweetly at him, remembering what she had told him those few years ago.

Sally watched the tender exchange with a scowl burning with jealousy - jealousy that the King noticed along with the fact that Sonic and Amy seemed to be on really good terms.