Darkness resurfaces

Knuckles scanned the figure ahead of him, clearly feeling much more threatened than he had moments before. Only about 5 minutes before, he had the blue menace on the ground ahead of him as he held his pink minion at his mercy. Now... Knuckles was standing far away from the group, which was almost completely knocked down, save for the dark-blue hedgehog that now stood in front of them, a look of rage clear on his face. Knuckles decided to stop thinking and get back to the matter at hand: beating Sonic into submission.

"A change in fur color isn't going to make you any stronger! And it definitely won't make me flinch while I beat you down into the ground!"

He bounded onto his feet and dashed at Sonic with his fist raised. As soon as his fist made contact, Knuckles let a smirk show on his face... a smirk that didn't last long at all as he realized that his fist hadn't simply come into contact with the hedgehog's face or any other body part. No...it had been caught easily by the dark blue hedgehog who was still grasping the curled fist as Knuckles tried to pull it back out. Knuckles tried his best to hide his panic as he tried to throw another punch at Sonic, who caught the other fist just as easily as the first.

With both of his fists trapped, Knuckles finally made eye contact with the emerald slit-like eyes of the hedgehog.

"They did nothing to you... And you beat them without a second thought..."

Sonic threw Knuckles to the ground as he made his way towards him.

"You're about to enter a world of pain for what you did to them..."

As Knuckles struggled to stand up and defend himself, he was kicked back down, and jabbed repeatedly by the dark hedgehog's lightning fists. Knuckles finally threw his own punch, sending the hedgehog staggering backwards. It bought him a few seconds as the hedgehog gave a dark chuckle before dashing at the echidna again and beating him.

____________________________________

As this was happening, Amy finally started to come back to consciousness. Looking around, she tried to remember what had happened. She saw the green grass that seemed to be battered in some areas as well as many boulders destroyed and small craters around the area, then she saw all of her friends down on the ground trying to recover. Amy's eyes went wide as she tried her best to look them over from where she was, unable to get up. She suddenly remembered the echidna guardian and the things he had done to her and her friends. Amy also realized that Sonic was missing and frantically looked around to find him. However, as soon as she turned around, the sight she was met with was the red echidna from before, only battered and beaten... and on top of him was a eerily familiar hedgehog that she hadn't seen in this form since many years ago.

"S-Sonic?" Amy rasped as she watched the dark hedgehog beating the defenseless echidna.

"Sonic! Stop!" That caught the hedgehog and echidna's attention as they both looked towards her, the dark hedgehog's furious demeanor instantly calming down at the sight of her.

"Amy!" Sonic looked her over, seeing the bruises on her. His fury returned as he looked back down at Knuckles.

"Look what you did to her!" How could you hurt someone as sweet as her?! I'll make you pay!" Sonic reeled his fist back again to smash Knuckles skull, a position that the echidna and Amy had been not too long ago.

"SONIC STOP!" Amy shrieked, tearing up as she watched the dark hedgehog's actions.

Sonic looked back up at her, clearly displeased.

"Stop? How can you tell me to stop, Amy?! He hurt you... he beat you... he almost killed you... in front of me! How can you defend him?!" Sonic looked down at Knuckles with disdain.