Hedgehog's in Love

Amy Rose gazed out at the amazing view in front of her. There was a lake that, from her point of view, looked like an exact circular shape. Surrounding the lake was a vast grassy plain with flower patches all around. Finally, overlooking it all was a mountain, part of the Great Mobian mountain range - the same mountain that Amy and Sonic stood on top of right now.

The Blue Blur had brought her here not long ago, saying how he wanted to show her one of the greatest sights that the planet had to offer. He was in no way exaggerating that claim as Amy couldn't help but agree with him. Sonic stood behind, watching as Amy continued to gaze at the scene ahead of them.

She turned around with small tears in her eyes, no doubt from the beauty of it all, as she walked up to the hedgehog and put her arms around him. Sonic brought his own arms up to hug her back as they silently swayed back and forth until Amy broke the silence,

"Thank you so much for bringing me here, Sonic. This place is wonderful..." Amy looked up into Sonic's eyes with her own teary eyes.

Sonic smiled before bringing up a hand to wipe away her tears,

"Heh... I thought you'd like this place. I stumbled upon it one day when I was riding this huge missile that Robotnik shot at me." He chuckled as he remembered that last part but earned a gasp from Amy.

"Sonic!! You need to be more careful! What if that missile blew up while you were on it?! You could've gotten hurt and I wouldn't even know that you were hurt!" Her grip tightened as her voice started to crack at the end.

Sonic sighed before replying calmly,

"Hey, hey... don't cry. I'm here, aren't I? And I'm here with you." He smiled as he paused, "I'll always be here. And if I'm not here in person, you can always find me in your thoughts and your heart... or you could just find me like you used to be able to find me. Have I ever told you that you're the best hide-and-seek seeker ever? He finished jokingly, wanting to lighten the mood. He knew he succeeded when Amy giggled.

"There... that's so much better! Never. Ever stop smiling. The smile suits you so well." He sweetly told her as he continued to smile himself.

Amy blushed and smiled as she looked down.

"Now, if we're done crying about events that never happened... May I have the honor of being your partner for this dance, my lady?" Sonic quickly stepped out of the hug and bowed to her with his hand out, snickering as Amy giggled at his antics.

She replied with her own sweet voice,

"I would be more than happy to dance with you, good sir. But the problem is... there's no music for us to dance to." She teasingly told him and began to "run" away laughing as Sonic stared at her with his mouth agape.

Sonic began chasing after her, not as fast as he could truly go, as they both laughed together. He finally caught up to her, accidentally making her trip, causing her to fall on top of him as they both went straight to the ground, their laughter never ceasing. The two hedgehogs, finally out of breath, looked into each other's eyes before leaning in, closing the gaps between their mouths. The feeling of euphoria that their kisses brought would never grow tiring to either of them... until they ran out of air, finally separating just to simply cuddle. Amy got off of Sonic and laid down next to him as they looked up into the night sky, their hands joined together. Sonic finally broke the silence between them as he started to sing with his melodious, masculine voice.

Lying here with you
Listening to the rain

Amy turned her head to look at him in surprise. All she met were his magnificent emerald eyes, those eyes that always brought a sense of warmth to her heart.

Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank Chaos that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life

Sonic smiled at her as she smiled back after that verse. He squeezed her hand and kissed her forehead before suddenly shooting up, giving Amy a hand to help her stand up. She was pulled up in a flash, making her lose balance. Luckily for her, her hero was right there to catch her as he positioned them expertly. Sonic's left arm looped around her waist as Amy's right arm looped around Sonic's shoulders. Their others hands finally clasped together, as they slowly began to waltz around.

I found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
Looking in your eyes
Seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything to me

Sonic paused to take a breath and tried to start again. He didn't get far as Amy interrupted him with her own sweet voice.

These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
These are the moments I know all I need is this
I have all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Sonic stared at her with wide eyes and a growing smile,

"Your voice was always golden..."

Amy blushed as she smiled back, leaning her head into his chest.

I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me

They sang together as Sonic twirled his Rose around, coming back together to wrap each other in a hug as they swayed side to side.

These are the moments I thank Chaos that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

They started to slow down as they looked into each other's eyes and shared yet another sweet kiss. Sonic would never get tired of kissing her, her strawberry taste was addicting and he knew that he loved this girl more than anything.

I could not ask for more than the love you give me
'Coz it's all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more

As the song came to an end, they broke apart to simply gaze at each other's faces, studying the perfect features of the other. However, the moment was cut loose as Sonic suddenly broke into a sprint down the mountain, leaving Amy to watch as he ran down to the lake. She could hear Sonic's laugh echoing through the valley as she watched him zip back in forth through the grass, creating some kind of weird shape. Confused, she continued to watch as he finally finished, stopping next to his work. She looked at the finished work and brought her hands up to her mouth in surprise. Tears came to her eyes as she read the "I Love You Amy Rose" which had been cut into the grass by the blue hedgehog's rapidly moving feet. Speaking of the Blue Blur, he came back up to see her as he walked up to her. He saw her teary smile as she told him,

"I love you too, Sonic the Hedgehog."

Sonic didn't have a chance to respond as he was pulled into a deep kiss by the pink hedgehog.
____________________________________

Well guys I think this makes up for the lack of SonAmy last chapter. I had a tough time writing this chapter because I've been at a friend's party so if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes, please bear with me 😅😅. Love you guys for the feedback! I never thought this story would be as popular as it is! Hope you all are enjoying!! 😁😁