Knothole and Uncle Chuck

Far in the South, sitting near the Main Vein River, sat the village of Knothole. It was a peaceful place due to its construction far from large populated areas. The river flowed all the way here from the other side of the planet and it brought life into the village. It was their source of water, food in the form of fish, and was often used for recreational activity. The village was under the watch of Mayor Maximillian Acorn. He was accepting, helpful, and just a friendly person in general, which is why the people loved him. Though he was good friends with just about everyone, his closest friend went by the name, Charles - Charles the Hedgehog, and he changed Maximillian's life forever.

When he arrived 2 years ago, brought by the gentle current of the river, beaten, unconscious, and on the verge of death, the village people weren't very keen to help the stranger, the battle armor and weapons not helping his case. But after Maximillian decided to take care of him, the rest of the villagers began to follow one by one. After a long 4 month recovery, the villagers' anxiety returned once again, knowing that the warrior hedgehog was once again at top health and could be a danger to their peaceful way of life. But once again, their fear was destroyed due to his gentleman-like manners and his thankfulness. After the consent of the village, he decided to stay and live amongst them. Wanting to forget the scars of his old life, he changed everything about himself. He built an orphanage and became the village guardian. Finally, the once, Sir Charles the Hedgehog, became known as Uncle Chuck.
____________________________________

Just like any other day, Chuck woke up, brushed his teeth, showered, got ready, and then went to check on the children. Lately, there had not been any children abandoned by their parents, save for 2 newborns. Though it brought him relief to know that these children would grow up with their families, the unusual quietness in the orphanage brought out a sense of loneliness and a familiar longing for his own family. However, these thoughts were broken when he entered the newborns' room and noticed the yellow stain on the floor. He chuckled to himself when he noticed the same colored stain under the baby fox. Knowing what was the cause and who the culprit was he headed back out towards the river to get water to clean-up the crime scene.

When he reached the river bank, he noticed that the water was unusually calm, no waves and an almost still-current. Last time he had seen such a calm current was right before he had slipped out of consciousness and was carried here those couple years ago. The memory that he had tried so hard to forget returned and it didn't return alone as it brought a sense of pain that he had hoped to never remember again. With the pain came the flashbacks of battle and Chuck froze as he saw the vivid images return.

While he was staggered by the memories, his consciousness finally returned when he heard crying. As he looked down the river, he noticed a basket from which the crying was coming from. Still frozen stiff, he watched as the river brought the basket over to the edge where he stood, as if it had a mind of its own. That's when he finally came back to his senses and noticed 3 baby hedgehogs in the basket along with a note. He picked up the note and read:

To whom this may concern, please save these babies. They must live... they are more important than you realize. May Chaos protect you.

Aleena the Hedgehog

At that moment, his heart stopped as realization dawned upon him.

"These are Aleena's children?! That means they're my..." He looked down at the babies but then more questions arose, "Wait why are they here? If they're here, the kingdom must have fallen!" He flinched as the the last thought passed through his head. Conflict arose in his mind as fear of his old life returning crossed his mind. After minutes of internal argument, he made a decision as he grabbed the basket and ran into the orphanage.

"I may have abandoned my duty. I may have abandoned my kingdom. I may have even abandoned my sister. But I won't abandon these children, from this moment on these are my children!" He yelled.

When he reached the Infants' room, he placed all 3 into a large crib together close to the cribs of the other 2 babies. As he brought out the food and fed the 4 hedgehogs and 1 fox, he watched as the babies calmly ate. Finally after about an hour, he began to put the infants to sleep. When he finally reached the triplet hedgehogs, he spoke to them as he looked out into the night sky,

"Manic, Sonia, Sonic... welcome to our little family... welcome... to Knothole."
____________________________________

Still going guys! I'm really excited about this story! Dying to get to the next parts which introduces more SonAmy 😁😁