I will wait for You

Well, I came home
Like a stone

Amy came back into the house, her face showing no emotion. As the others noticed her back, Tails stepped up with the question that was on all their minds.

"Where's Sonic, Amy?" He asked, innocently.

The pink hedgie looked at him before showing a small smile, making sure not to reveal anything.

"He just went on a run... he'll be back." Everyone accepted her answer as they returned to having fun.

And I fell heavy into your arms
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

"Excuse me, I need to go to my room, I'm kind of tired."

Amy went upstairs, everyone but Uncle Chuck oblivious to her leaving.

She walked into her room. Locked the door. Fell on her bed and cried. She cried for the blue hedgehog that she wouldn't see for so long. She cried for his safety, for his fidelity, and for his absence.

But I'll kneel down,
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down,
Know my ground

She finally stopped crying when she heard knocking on her door. Amy dried her tears as she went to open the door, revealing an older hedgehog, Uncle Chuck, looking down at her with concern. Before Amy knew it, she was crying again, prompting the older hedgehog to gather the younger one in his arms as she continued to cry. He asked the girl to tell him what was wrong. Though she had promised her hero that she wouldn't tell anyone his secret, she couldn't help telling Uncle Chuck as he listened intently. Expecting the worst out of him, she was surprised when he smiled, looked down at her and smiled, causing her to stop crying and show a small smile back amidst the tears. She would wait for that boy... and she wouldn't wait alone.

And I will wait, I will wait for you

And as the year went by, some people had grown to distrust Amy after finding out about the departure of Sonic, specifically, a family of squirrels. Sally was always jealous of her friend because of the attention she received from Sonic. Though she kept trying to keep it from ruining her friendship, she eventually gave up and blamed the pink hedgie for being the reason that Sonic abandoned them. Amy decided to never tell Sally about what she had shared with the blue wind before he left. Even though Sally and her father greatly disliked Amy for "making Sonic leave," the rest of the Sonic Crew stuck with her through thick and thin.

So break my step
And relent
Well, you forgave and I won't forget
Know what we've seen
And him with less
Now in some way shake the excess

"Look its Sonic!"

People from arid the village rushed to where the voice had came from - Tails' garage. Amy and the rest of the Sonic Crew pushed through the crowd to find the young fox standing in front of his giant TV. On the TV was the blue hedgehog zipping around destroying robots as a camera tried to follow the blur. When he finished, he stopped in front of the camera with that grin they all knew as he was questioned.

"Who are you, young man?"

"Me? I'm Sonic... Sonic the Hedgehog."

'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

The years kept going by, no sign of Sonic's return. Manic and Sonia's musical skills came to light as they formed a band, named in honor of their brother who had become a worldwide hero: Sonic Underground. Almost as popular as their heroic brother, their music was heard all around the planet, even by the blue ears of the wind himself.

Now I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So tame my flesh
And fix my eyes
A tethered mind freed from the lies

Amy would see as the blue wind ran around, putting himself in danger for these people. Though she looked up to him for doing it, those feelings were replaced with fear for the hedgehog, leading to Amy being in tears many days, worrying for the blue hedgehog. No matter how much she cried, she stayed strong for the hedgehog, waiting for his return.

And I'll kneel down,
Wait for now
I'll kneel down,
Know my ground

As Sonic single-handedly pushed back the advance of the Robotnik empire, Mayor Maximillian decided that it was finally safe for the village to return to the kingdom of Knothole. After a long process of moving their belongings, King Maximillian reclaimed his throne with his growing kingdom, unaware that they were being watched by the protective, emerald eyes of an unknown figure.

Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow

Time continued to pass... Amy had just reached her own home after a day of hanging out with the Sonic Crew after one of Sonic Underground's concerts. A lot had happened in the last few years. Tails and Cream had literally become a couple 10 minutes ago, though they were incredibly shy. Manic was getting somewhere with the beautiful princess of Knothole: Sally. And Sonia and Amy had become the 2 of the most gorgeous girls in the land. As Amy opened the door, she found a letter at her welcome mat, and after opening it, her breathing stopped when she saw who the writer had been.

'Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

"Sonic..."
____________________________________

So yesterday was the first 24 hour break I took from writing this story, I felt horrible for not updating, but I'm back so YAYYYYY. Anyway, sorry for this short chapter but come on... if you're gonna wait for someone for so long, ya might as well sing while you're at it, right? Yea, so listen to the YouTube video attached while reading this chapter. I don't want to write any spoilers here so I'm gonna cut off this message right after the "Hope you guys are enjoying the story!" 😁😁