A New Hope

While Sonic was enjoying great times with Amy back in Knothole, his nemesis was engaging in his own activities at Robotnik castle.

An ordinary Eggpawn ran into the central room, finding its leader at his computer, working away at something far beyond the robot's intellect. The robot waited a minute, "thinking" which words to use, knowing that interrupting the master could very well lead to a harsh punishment, and the robot did not want to do the man's laundry.

"Uhhhh... Lord Dr. Master Robotnik? I have some news for you..." It croaked out fearfully, on the verge of blacking out.

Robotnik sighed before chuckling,

"E-10... I realize that you were present in the game of UNO but the stakes were only set against E-20. You don't have to call me that. Anyway... tell me what you're trying to say."

If the Eggpawn could breathe, it would have let out a deep sigh in relief as it paused to speak.

"Yes, sir... drone scouts provided us with important intel. It seems that the Oracle of Delphius was spotted moving to the South and conversing with Sonic and the pink hedgehog. By now, he must have reached Knothole Kingdom."

Eggman let out a menacing grin before answering,

"Perfect, now's the perfect time to use that tracker we placed on the old man. Knothole's location has just been compromised!!"

Meanwhile...

"Hey Ames, ya think Manic's getting anywhere with Sally right now?" Sonic asked his girlfriend as they walked around the perimeter of the Lake.

"I hope so! I think they'd make such a cute couple!" Amy gushed with her hands clasped together, imagining the couple being as romantic as her and Sonic.

"Is that the only reason? Nothing else?" Sonic asked her teasingly.

"Well, as long as Sally doesn't try to take you from me, I'm happy and..." Amy trailed off as she looked at Sonic and started laughing.

"What? Is there something on me?!" Sonic looked himself over, embarrassed.

"Sonic, I can tell how much walking is killing you, your pants look torn up!" She continued to laugh, leaving Sonic flustered as he looked away.

Amy decided to take mercy on her hedgehog.

"Alright, so how about we go home? And you can run us home?" She proposed to the hedgehog as he continued to blush.

To say Sonic was excited would be a major understatement. He whipped his head around to look at her with wide eyes, the excitement visible in his eyes.

He nodded vigorously and before Amy had a chance to laugh and respond, she was picked up bridal style and being carried at the speed of sound towards their home. Amy wrapped her arms around Sonic's neck and nestled in to his chest, making the hedgehog pull her in deeper into his chest as he ran home.
____________________________________

The sight that Amy and Sonic were rewarded with may have been the funniest scene they had ever come across. Upon reaching the Acorn Castle, they stumbled upon Uncle Chuck on his knees, having his ear pulled by a less-than-pleased Oracle. While this was happening, the adults in the background were sweat-dropping while everyone else was laughing at the older, blue hedgehog's misery.

"So you thought you could get away from me and that I'd never find you, eh Charles? Or should I say Chuck?" The Oracle asked the hedgehog, his grip not wavering in the slightest.

"Ahhhhhh Ch-Chuck is fine, Oracle! And you don't have to pull that hard! I was gonna come back! I... just lost my way?" Chuck responded back, in an almost childish tone as he looked up to the Oracle.

The Oracle continued his rant, staring down at the hedgehog.

"I should also remind you that I still have not forgotten about those prized glasses of mine that you destroyed in your efforts to make 'laser technology'."

Uncle Chuck chuckled, nervously as he looked around to see everyone staring at him. He gave the Oracle a pleading look, asking to save him from the embarrassment.

Finally, the Oracle took pity on the older hedgehog and let go of his ears, prompting for the hedgehog to rise back to his feet.

"Though I am disappointed in your efforts to return home... it's good to see you, Chuck. Your sister and I have missed you a great deal. I'm sure wherever she is, she's thinking about you as well." The Oracle told Uncle Chuck as he hugged him after so many years.

After they released, they noticed Sonic and Amy watching them and went to the couple to converse. Out of the corner of her eye, Amy caught the Sonic Crew making their way over to the couple. Surprisingly, Sally didn't look as upset as Amy had expected her to look. In fact, she looked really happy... and relieved as she walked with the crew, holding hands with Manic. Amy smiled as she leant in to whisper into Sonic's ear, who in turn flicked his eyes over for a second to see the new 'couple'.

"Son, you've met the Oracle, right? He was like a father to your mother and I." Uncle Chuck gave a brief introduction to Sonic.

"Yea I've met him, Uncle Chuck. But you guys should turn around so he can meet 2 other important people." Sonic replied to the Oracle and Uncle Chuck, causing them to turn around and find Sonia and Manic with the Crew.

As the group conversed, Sonic decided that it was yet again time for him to take a quick dash... but not without Amy, as he picked her up and sped away once again.

When the Sonic Crew finished conversing, they noticed that Sonic and Amy were gone once again.

"That boy... so unpredictable..." Muttered Uncle Chuck.

The Oracle nodded and spoke as well,

"He needs to return quick. I have important information for him. Information for all of you, actually. Information that will help you defeat the dark lord and find Aleena.
____________________________________

Alright guys sorry for the short chapter but I've been working out really hard today and I needed rest. But that doesn't matter! Anyone else find it funny when their grandparents yells at their parents for something stupid? That's how Sonic felt 😂😂. Next chapter will be a little more significant! Hope y'all are enjoying!!! 😁😁