Emeralds and Solutions

"Rise and shine, buds! We got an adventure to continue!"

Manic woke up annoyed.

"Chaos, Sonic. It's some ungodly time of day and you're here yelling about getting to work when we've barely even rested."

Sonic grinned at Manic.

"It's high noon, Manic... what were you doin up till 3?"

Everyone laughed at Manic's expense as his eyes grew wide.

"Whaddya mean, bro? I was just messin with ya!"

Knuckles walked over with a smirk.

"So you're telling me that I completely imagined that whole conversation and... thing you shared with Sally?"

The rest of the group turned their attention to Sally who's eyes were saucers as she sported a bright blush.

"Knuckles! You were eavesdropping on our conversation?!" She shrieked.

Knuckles chuckled. "No but I did see that smooch."

Sonic and Tails walked over and patted the echidna on his back. "Man, I like this guy already!" Laughing along with Knuckles at Manic while the girls interrogated Sally.

Finally, after having enough, Sally broke through the circle of girls. "Alright! Alright! Can we get along on this adventure again? We still need to get the 6 other Emeralds!"

"Fineeeeee... you're such a buzzkill" Sonic sighed, not noticing Amy coming up to his side till he felt her lips on his cheek. He was immediately standing back up, cheeks blazing with Amy giggling next to him, her arms around his arm.

Sonic straightened up and did his best to keep a serious expression. "Alright, gang! We got one Emerald already and we also got the Master Emerald! As far as we know, Robuttnik ain't got jack! That means 6 more to go and we're in the clear!"

Sally stepped up, turning to Knuckles. "Speaking of, where's the closest one, Knuckles?"

The Echidna took a moment to turn to the Master Emerald, bringing up his hands and opening his palms toward the large Emerald. He closed his eyes in deep concentration as he whispered a phrase to himself. Within the minute, he turned back to the group,

"Marble Zone, its the purple Emerald. I sense enemy forces already on their way there."

Manic stared wide-eyed at Knuckles.

"How do you do that?!"

The Echidna smirked at him.

"Trade secret, pal."

Before Manic could continue to the conversation, Sonic butt in.

"Bad guys already on the way? Man, this day keeps getting better and better! Tails, fire up the Tornado! We got a race to win!" Sonic turned to Tails with a thumbs-up and a grin, prompting the fox-boy to return it as he dashed for his plane, followed by the others.

Sonic jumped on the right wing as he waited for the familiar sound of jet-engines firing up, he turned to Knuckles who stood next to the Master Emerald, pondering.

"Yo, you coming with, Knuckles?"

Knuckles looked at Sonic, then back to the Master Emerald. He thought for a minute as the Sonic gang awaited for his reply. Knuckles shut his eyes and then jumped over onto the left wing of the plane.

"Why not? Coming with you guys, I can help you guys while also protecting the Master Emerald from afar!"

Sonic and Tails grinned like never before as they patted Knuckles on the back, the foreshadows of a powerful bond growing between the trio.