Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Carl?" I sobbed out. I smiled purely and turned around. My smile faded away never going to return.

"I'm sorry.. Are you okay?" The boy asked.

"Leave me here to die." I moaned out.

The tears fell out effortlessly. "Chloe, get over here!" The boy yelled.

A girl with long blond hair peeked her head out.

"Oh my.. What happened to you?" She said as she hugged me. I didn't even know her but it felt like I did.

"C'mon, let's get you a home."

Carl's POV

I searched the remains of the camp.

Nothing.

She was gone.

It was all my fault.

"Damn." I mumbled to myself. I caught the attention of a walker.

"Let me make your life easier!" I whaled out, as my knife pierce its head over and over again.

Daryl came and put me in a bear hug.

"I can handle myself!" I said as I shook out of his grasp.

"No you can't. She's alive and you know that. She would be walkin' dead or be on the ground kid." I ripped my knife out of the face of the walker and got in the car.

"Find anything?" My dad asked. I didn't need to answer.

Kaylie's POV

I was brought to a little camp not to far from the highway. There were a lot of kids here.

"Now, want to explain what you doing all alone?" The girl named Chloe asked.

"I-I was left, well more like I told them to leave. They probably think I'm dead." I said making the story sound shorter than it was.

Chloe nodded, "Well you can stay here until you find your group. Now tell me about yourself already!"

"Um, My name is Kaylie, I'm 14, I don't really know..." I awkwardly said.

"Me too!! There's some other teens here, too! We'll be great friends!" She squealed. She was a little too perky for a zombie apocalypse.

"You see that guy with brown hair? Ya that's Cole. Next to him is Luke, total sweetheart. He's a good one to talk to. The girl in the white t-shirt is Avery."

"Avery?" I yelled out. The girl turned around and her jaw dropped.

"Kaylie! I swear you were dead! I missed you!" She said releasing me from her grasp.

"I thought you were dead! I swore I saw you get eaten in the math room!"

Yeah, that's right, I was in damn school when the apocalypse broke out.

"Nope! Where have you been?" I didn't really want to answer, but she was one of my good friends.

"I was with another group, we got separated the other day."

"We can help you find them, don't worry too much. Well, we are packing up for indoors.. Those things are everywhere!" I followed Avery and Chloe to a gated community.

"Most of the people here are survivors and this is their home, I guess you could share a room with me." Avery said as she yelled to someone on the other side.

A man came running over and opened the iron gate. I followed their lead into the community.

I got the curious eyes from all directions. A woman, that I guessed was one of the leaders, approached us.

"Eh, who's this?" She asked.

"Kaylie, she got separated from her group." Chloe told her.

She nodded, "I'll talk to her later, get her cleaned up first." She demanded.

Carl's POV

I kept a tight grip on my gun as we turned at the corner of the wall. A few walkers stumbled into the alley towards us. I shot one, and Daryl got the other.

"This way!" Tyresse yelled. We ran straight looking for the building.

"It's over here!" I yelled pointing to the right. We stopped in our tracks. The moans grew louder and louder. A herd clearly came into view and walked into our direction.

Daryl kicked the door open, "Get inside now!"

I slammed the door shut once we all were inside. I placed a bar over the lock.

"Old sweet home." Daryl mumbled to himself as his fingers lingered over guns.

I looked at my gun. Maybe it was a time for a upgrade. Maybe if I had a better gun, I could have cleared out the walkers around Kaylie and she would be here right now.

I searched through them looking hopeful.

"What you want?" Daryl laughed out.

"Just looking for a upgrade." I told him as he grabbed a handful of arrows from behind the counter.

"Wonder how your dad would feel bout that kid."

"I'm not a kid anymore,-" Daryl laughed.

"You will always be a kid to me!"

"Well that's because you're like 50."

"I ain't 50, somewhere in my thirties, I lost track when this all went crazy. I would love to know the date." I chuckled at Daryl's idiocy.

"Tyreese, let's go. I got a lot of ammo and a few guns." Tyresse nodded.

"C'mon, I think it might snow." Daryl spoke.

Kaylie's POV

Once I cleansed myself up, I headed to a house Chloe sent me to. I knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in!" I heard the women yell. I walked inside and looked around. It was a pretty home.

"Don't be a stranger, come over here! You're probably starving!" She said in her sweet southern accent.

I sat down at the counter while she gave me some crackers. "Now you want to be a part of this group?"

I thought about it for a while. Well I wanted to be in Rick'a group, but I have no clue where they are.

"Yeah, for now I guess." I told her. She stared into my eyes for a moment.

"For now?" She questioned my answer.

"Yes, for now. Until I find my group. We got separated the other day." She nodded.

"Okay well, I don't see ya as a threat. But I have to ask, how many people have you killed? Not walkers, I mean humans?"

She called them walkers too, and asked the same questions.

"None- wait actually one person. But in my defense they were trying to kill my friend."

"Well, okay! Welcome to the group." I smiled and let a little cough out. Her eyes bulged out.

"Um, Where was I?" She asked trying to move on from it.

"You welcomed me to the group." I told her.

"Oh yes! Now what's your name?"

"Kaylie Reynolds."

"Nice to meet you and welcome Kaylie, I am Carol."

~

Carols back bitchezss! How do you guys feel about that! Will she burn more people or is she over that? I never really was a big fan of Carol, but i didn't hate her. I know shes gonna come back! Like she's gonna save Rick or someones life, and Rick will bring her back into the group once they all get back together. Comment and vote!!

Oh ya, Happy Holidays! ♡