Chapter 34

Chapter 34

We walked hand in hand through the streets, just as the sun was lowering.

"It's not bad here." I admitted.

She smiled, as her blue eyes meet meet mine.

"I feel like they're hiding something. They act in such harmony, passing salt and pepper around the table. It just seems....off." She looked up at the skies.

Douglas Monroe walked out of the dining house, heading towards the gate.

I grabbed Kaylie's arm, dragging her behind a wall.

"Now's the time to find out what it is." I whispered, bending down to a crouching position.

I turned to her direction, she was perched up, one leg bent, the other on the ground. Her face was filled with determination.

"Just leave them there." He sighed.

A few man carrying boxes placed them at the gate.

"Go, I don't want to make a scene." He waved them off.

They hesitated, "Are you sure? We can't predict what Negan does."

He didn't respond for a moment, pondering on that question.

"It's fine, Bruce. I'll handle it."

The man nodded, "Alright."

"Who's Negan?" Kaylie turned towards me.

"Were here, Doug!" A voice boomed.

Douglas opened the gate timidly.

"Here's your supply." He pointed to the boxes.

"Him." I guessed at the built man with a black lather jacket. His face was rough, looking hard like a brick.

Negan propped them opened, and laughed.

"Are you fucking me?"

"Uh... No. We are short on things, new people. I'm sending a team, tomorrow."

The man shook his head, "I'm a reasonable man, Douglas. But I have people of my fucking own. We had a deal here." He sickly smiled.

He turned back, grabbing something.

"Lucille was a little shy before, but she'd love to bash your fucking skull in."

"Please, I can-" He grabbed the poor man by his neck, pinning him up against the wall.

He grabbed Douglas' gun, tossing it on the ground.

"I don't think you understand how much we do for you. We keep you fucking safe! You could at least respect your life, before Lucille kills you."

Douglas' eyes were popping out of his face.

"This is bad." Kaylie mumbled.

"We can go get-" She was already running.

I cursed to myself, sprinting after.

She grabbed the gun, cocked it, and aimed at the man.

"Let him go, asshole." She hissed.

He turned around, "What the actual fuck?"

"You seriously overuse that." She kept the gun pointed at him.

Negan dropped Douglas, taking steps toward up.

"Who the fuck do you think you fucking are? What are you teaching these people, Doug?"

Negan whistled, men came running in.

"Dwight, would you get the boxes loaded up? Wait, don't. That's not even acceptable." He looked at the man, who had half a burnt face.

Negan turned his attention back on Kaylie.

"They are new, they don't know yet, Negan." Douglas crocked.

Negan hesitated, "Like I said, I'm a fucking reasonable. I'll let this one go by."

"But if this stunt happens again," He waved his hand in the air, "You are fucking dead."

Kaylie jumped back, the gun falling.

Three red dots were on her forehead.

Negan smiled, "This is my town, this is my city, this is my fucking world. Douglas will tell you the rules, if you want to live."

He leaned towards her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

My instincts were to jump in, but I couldn't. Her life was on the line.

"I admire you for trying to help this pathetic reason of a man over here. No one has the balls to even fucking talk back to me. There's a spot for you in the Saviors. I killed one of my men the other day, I need new reinforcements."

"Let's go!" He yelled.

The red disappeared, and I captured her in a hug.

"Oh, I expect triple fucking that, Douglas." He pointed to the boxes.

Douglas pulled himself together, closing the gates shut.

"Care to explain that?" I snapped.

"Just... Don't tell anyone, yet. I'll have Spencer explain how things work around here."

Douglas ran past the dining house, checking to see of anyone had turned their attention to what was happening outside.

To his favor, they all were laughing, having no clue of what just happened.

~

sorry for the long wait! school starts tomorrow!:(

I'll be busier but I'll try to update one a week at least. I'll do my best to get for updates later this week!