Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I quickly ran outside, looking for Carl.

"Have you seen Carl?" I asked Michonne. She shook her head and continued cleaning her katana. I walked around camp, until I found him. He was outside camp moving the cars around. I stood at the gate waiting for him to come back in.

He noticed me, and walked over.

"We need to talk, now if you can." I told him sternly. He looked back,

"Okay, what is it?"

"Not out here!" I said looking around to make sure we hadn't brought any attention to ourselves.

"I'll be inside in five minutes." He told me and ran to help Daryl with the car.

I walked back inside, and waited patiently. Five minutes seemed like forever. Finally, he walked in. I stood up,

"Close the door, too." I whispered.

He shut the door silently, and turned to me.

"I think we have a problem.." He shook his head continuously.

"Are you absolutely positive?" He asked worried.

"No, I'm not sure."

"That's how my mom died. I'm not letting you die. I don't want to shoot you, too.." He mumbled out.

I wrapped my arms around him, "Everything will work out, but we need to go on a run for some things." He nodded and kissed my forehead before he headed out.

Carl's POV

I wandered outside, looking for my dad.

"Hey, we should probably go on a run soon." I said as I approached him. He nodded his head,

"I can't leave, there's too much to do. Go talk to Daryl." He commanded me.

I nodded and headed down back to the gate line.

"Hey Daryl, want to go on a run later?" I yelled through the gate.

"Sure kid, how 'bout tomorrow?" I nodded and scouted for any others to come along tomorrow.

**

Myself, Kaylie, Maggie, and Daryl were ready to go. We met up, guns loaded, and knifes sharpened.

We arrived in the front of a small supermarket. I banged on the door a few times, waiting to see if it got any things attention. A fleshy hand appeared on the glass.

"We got some friends in there." I told them.

"Gotta love meetin' and greetin'." Daryl mumbled. I cut the chain off, and let them crawl out. Daryl's arrow spliced through their heads in seconds. Maggie ran up and and got the crawlers. I made sure Kaylie didn't do anything; I couldn't risk her getting hurt. Daryl lead the way through the store, always moving to the slightest noise.

"We get wha we need, then back here." He said as he moved along for his search. I wandered near Kaylie, just in case something bad happened. Maggie was grabbing all food in my aisle. "Maybe we can use our taste buds again." She said holding up spices.

I smiled, thinking of the last meal I had before shit went down. I snapped out of it, and went back to looking around. I walked over to the next aisle expecting to see Kaylie. "Dammit." I mumbled to myself and rushed through the store. I found her in the pharmacy in back.

"What are you getting?" I said as I approached her.

"N-nothing." She said as she stumbled to put a container in her bag.

I raised my eyebrow in curiosity, "Ok well we are leaving soon."

She nodded and ran in front of me to the rest of the store. She's interesting... I chuckled to myself. I saw her turn around flashing a small smirk. I rolled my eyes and caught up to her.

"I heard that." She whispered.

"You make me laugh." I said as I intertwined my hand with hers.

**

Kaylie's POV

Once we got back to camp, I immediately ran to my room. I tossed my bag on my bed and rummaged through it. I had pregnancy testers, and another thing I didn't want to tell Carl about. While I was in the pharmacy I grabbed.. Abortion pills.

I starred at the bottle, and flinched at the idea. I tossed it back in my bag, and slung it over my shoulder. As I made my way out, Carl stopped me.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Did you get what you needed?" I nodded my head and snuck through the opening by his arm. He called after me, but I shut the door of the bathroom quickly.

"Kaylie! What's wrong?" He kept repeating through the door.

I tossed my bag on the counter and stared into the mirror. I put my hair into a messy bun, keeping it off my face. My stomach rumbled and rumbled making me feel uncomfortable. I starred at the center of the sick letting the uneasy feeling come over me.

"No, no, no.."

I whispered to myself between losing my breakfast. I quickly searched though my bag and found the little box. I fumbled a few times to open it, but on the 3rd try I got it. I knew what I needed to do.

**

I sat lying against the wall, waiting for the results. Carl stopped knocking on the door once he heard my sniffles. I wiped the tears and grabbed the tester. A small smile grew over my face. The. It disappeared when the door lock started rattling. Carl walked in, with the key in his hand. He jumped to my

side, brushing the hair out of my face.

"What's wrong?" He softly whispered.

"I-thought I wa-" I stopped and showed him the tester. He grabbed it out of my hands.

"Kaylie, I-"

"Shhh." I mumbled as it laid my head down on his lap.

"What is wrong with the world?" I asked him quietly.

"I honestly don't know. It's damn gone, nothing left."