Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Tap the gas lightly now." Daryl whispered. I nodded, gently pushing my foot down. I jerked to a stop once the car started moving.

"You get used to it." I gave him a small smile.

"Where are they Daryl?" I asked, trying not to seem worthless.

"Kid, I could sugar coat it all, but that ain't my thing. Y'all said to meet here if we've got to leave. It's all about waitin' my friend, it's a game that can get ya killed." I nodded on agreement.

"It's not good to be stationary, keeping on the move is what we should be doing." I stated.

"And that's what we startin' now."

I slumped down into the passengers seat, lost in thought.

"You look beat, I'll take watch." Daryl says as he falls back onto the front of the car. I thank him and shut my eyes instantly.

I wake to bright beams hitting my face. I cover my eyes and groan, as my usually reflex. I would always go into that when my mother threw the drapes open on Monday morning.

I shimmer away from the thought, and focus back on the lights. I push the car door open and stammer out. Daryl is no where in sight. It's the middle of the night, and a car stopped here. Perfect.

I grip my gun and investigate the running car. As I ease my gun, while I open the passenger door, I feel a rough hand on my shoulder. I kick back, making the person lose their balance. I quickly spin and point the gun to their jaw.

"Aw fuck, Kaylie, it's me!" Carl groans under the grasp of my gun.

I lessen the tension and pull my gun away.

"I'm-" He stops me by cover my mouth with his hand.

"We aren't safe, there's a herd following by. We have everyone. Daryl and my dad went to check for a route to lead them on. Be ready to leave any second." He whispers so low I hardly understand. I open my mouth, but shut it and nod instead.

He lets a deep sigh out.

"I was worried about you. Sorry about how I snapped at you back there. Forgive me?"

He pleads enlarging his deep blue eyes that I could get lost in. I trace gently his jawline. I slowly lean in and crash our lips together. My fingers get lost in the mess of his hair.

"I'll take that as a yes." He smirks and returns back to my lips. It's felt like years since I've felt him. He releases me, our foreheads touching, noses skimming each other's as we breathe.

His fingers trace over my stomach.

"Are you still or-"

"No." I abruptly answer.

"I'm sorry." His hot breath hits my face.

I gently play with his hair, "Where are we going?" I huffed.

"Maybe D.C." He states calmly. I pull away from him to see if he's serious.

(Ok js in the comics they travel towards d.c. and I decides to make a twist bc rebel. Tbh I don't really like books that follow the storyline it's just too predictable lol I like surprise )

He looks up into my eyes. "What?" I whisper.

"The president would be there, he would get ultimate protection, right? Plus, Glenn thinks the CDC there is probably still standing. I could go for a hot shower." He chuckles to himself.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, you really could." I tease. He smirks and rises up.

I follow his movements to the car. A few rustles emerge from the treeline. I pull out my gun and aim. Carl puts his hand out, signaling to wait. Daryl and Rick come out pointing to the cars.

"You two in the jeep, back seats. Glenn has Maggie, Beth, Judith, Carol, Sasha and Tyreese. Michonne is driving anybody else in the SUV. Daryl you got your bike. Don't start it up until a little farther." We all nod and get to our spots.

I find the black jeep and swing the door open. "I'm going to load the cars up, stay back here." Carl advised me. I nodded and shut the door.

***

I played with the tag of the fuzzy blanket in the back seat. I found it impossible to get comfortable. I uncurled up and placed the frame of my back against the window. At first, the coolness against it made me shiver, but it seemed to disappear down my spine.

If I had a watch, it would probably be 1 in the morning. I slung my hand down and grabbed the first thing I caught. I brought the book up and turned to the first page. Luckily, there was just enough moonlight for me to see the words.

A few minutes later, I heard rustling against the door.

"Are we going on yet?" I managed to say while so invested in the book. No reply. I placed the book down and turned towards the window.

Only to my surprise, there was a flesh eating, bloody torn off face creature that lied behind a glass window staring directly at me. I grabbed my gun, pushed the door open, flinging the walker back. I hoped out and turned away from the car.

I stumbled back and caught myself on a branch. A blood hungry herd was feet away from me with their beastly eyes. I made a vast turn, just to be stopped again. Then I felt teeth sink into the side of my stomach as I fell lifelessly to the ground.

~

Hihi! I've been sooooo busy it's killing me! I won my tournament, and now we have one this weekend! It's honestly amazing to come home from my game and watch the walking dead, amen. well here's a little update for your Monday, cuz we all know, Mondays suck.

The walking dead has been pretty good! Im on 108 on the comics so I'm trying to think what's gonna happen! Like I already know some things that are gonna happen for sure on the television season ;)

Thank you guys for all the love and support!! comment and vote darlings!

Oh ya, does anyone know when the second episode for the walking dead game comes out? idk it might of have but I literally have know clue! if you know please fill me in!