Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Carl's POV

The days were rough.

Atlanta was starting to disappear in the distance. Soon enough Georgia would be gone. We were leaving them, My mom, Shane, Hershel, Sophia, Patrick, Amy, Merle, Andrea, Ottis, Patricia, Dale-

I flinched at the thought of how it was my fault he's dead.

Pull it fucking together.

I looked to the side, Kaylie was sleeping. I almost smiled, mostly since she was alive. I made to many promises to her, and I'm not letting anything happen to her.

My dad was rambling on how we need gas soon. I spaced off into the sky thinking of what a fuck up I am. Now were on the road and I have nothing but time to think. What if I never threw that rock at the walker? What if I shot the governor first?

"Carl?" Kaylie whispered.

"I'm fine." I said closing my eyes.

"Please talk to me." She cooed.

"Don't pretend you can't see what I am," I choked up a bit.

My dad talked louder, harder for us to hear each other.

"We are pulling over here." My dad said swerving the car.

**

I got out and leaned back against a oak tree.

Kaylie walked over, "Carl, about what you were talking about-"

"There's nothing to say." I blankly put out.

"There's nothing wrong with you." She whispered.

"I'm a monster. I've killed people. Innocent people. You don't think I can just forget this and skip around with you like we are looking for a rainbow do you? I realized that I'm surviving, but in a fucking crazy way!" I screamed at her too late to realize.

A sharp pain shot through my cheek.

That hurt, a lot. She marched off to where we were camping out for the night.

I shook my head, and ran after her.

"Kaylie! Wait please!" I called after her.

"Oh so we can chase unicorns into the sunset? Sounds fucking wonderful." She said sarcastically.

By now, all attention was towards our screaming.

"We can chase shit unicorns later, shut up unless y'all want to be eaten." Daryl muttered toward us.

A rustling came from the tree line.

"Looks like we dinner." He growled, taking out his crossbow.

"Wait," Michonne started, "If it was a walker it would be out by now."

We all raised out guns, inching closer towards the trees. Once we got as close as we could, branched and leaves crunched repeatedly in the opposite direction.

"We were being watched!" Lizzie screamed.

"Everyone get back to camp." Sasha commanded.

I watched Kaylie walk back alone, and ran to her side.

"I'm sorry, I am a fuck up as you can tell." I chuckled hoping to ease her with humor.

She glanced at me, then back down at the ground.

"I was just thinking of all the people lives gone because of me." I said staring at the ground, knowing her eyes were on me.

"Think of all the lives you helped." She used her words perfectly.

I smiled, "Thank you." I said capturing her into a hug.

"Just listen to me, okay?" She laughed.

Daryl came running back, out of breath.

"I just followed 'em assholes to a camp. They got good supplies and shit." He exclaimed.

"What do you suppose we do?" Glenn questioned.

"Kill 'em for watching us, fucking peepin' toms." Daryl spat.

"You're crazy Dixon." Bob whispered.

"It's us or them." My dad said looking down.

"Are you serious?" Kaylie jumped in.

I grabbed her arm, trying to avoid her from causing something bad. She shook it off and walked forward.

"Life was always about taking test," She started, "So who says this isn't one right now? God might not have a plan for us, but we can still be humane. Do not kill, one of his own words. Now look at us, I'm pretty sure we all have blood on our hands, and I'm not talking about those things." She exclaimed pointing at walkers in the distance.

"It doesn't matter where we are, it matters who we are. I don't want to be a killer, a murder. I want to be a- a survivor."

The group stood in shock of realization.

"We aren't bad people," She gave a quick glance towards me. "We are surviving and sometimes we get thrown something to lead us off our tracks. But we still have a chance to be human."

"You're right." My dad spoke. "Look at us, at the verge of killing people for supplies. If they got those in their own, who says we can't either."

The group settled down, getting comfortable for the night.

Kaylie sat next to me in silence.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

She turned her head toward me with a confused look.

"Leaving Atlanta, where I grew up, where everyone I knew was, now it's all gone, never coming back."

~

hey!!!!

enjoy this short filler chapter!! I have a lot to talk about!

so I recently made a new book!! check it out!! it's about chan chan!

so chandler and hana.... whatever makes him happy I support!

soo meeting chandler was like heaven!! he's so nice and shy it's adorable!

and a special thanks to My_midnight_memories for the lovely cover!! Go follow her!!!

ok so a few of you guys are asking for a description of lost soooo ⇩

Sydney Cosgrove, your ordinary teenage girl who doesn't know where she belongs. With a big move from sunny California, she feels like she's lost everything. She makes new friends, some just like you and me, but there's only one of him.