Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I sat at my desk listening to Mr. Bruns ramble off. He started handing out little blocks. Okay, we were in 4th grade, but come on, we didn't need blocks anymore. "Do you have a extra thing?" The girl next to me asked. "Yup, which one do you-"

I closed my mouth when I heard a scream from outside. Then the loudspeaker went off, announcing one of the routines we have practiced all year.

I quickly followed Mr. Bruns into the center room where all the other classes came. They shut the doors and locked them. The lights soon went off and we were told to be extremely quiet. Moans and bangs on the door grew louder.

Then we all heard it, glass shattering. Mr. Bruns sat quietly praying to himself. These things started crawling inside.

Ms. Talhiya had a GUN and was shooting them. The whole room turned to chaos. I got up quickly looking around. My friends were being eaten? I wiggled the the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Save yourself Kay. You're a good person." Mr. Bruns said handing me the key.

"Won't you come along too?" I asked while my voice was shakily. He shook his head and let the tears come out. He continued praying. I jammed the key in and swung the door open. I sprinted out of the class outside.

Those things were scattered everywhere. I looked around and grabbed my pencil. I started sprinting home. I lived near school, so I would be there soon. One of them grabbed my arm.

I wiggled out of its grasp and continued running. I got off school property and ran to Melodric Lane. I turned on the 7th drive way on the left.

I grabbed the key hidden in the plants, and unlocked the door. I slammed the door shut. I walked over to the tv and turned it to the news.

They rambled about a disease spreading which made dead alive. I hurried to kitchen and grabbed the phone. I dialed my mothers number and waited impatiently.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Mom! What's happening!" I cried into the phone.

"Kaylie, I don't know! I'm at the hospital and men are coming in." She whispered. I heard the door shut and I looked over.

Daniel walked over and grabbed the phone.

"Okay, where is it?" He said walking upstairs. He came back down with guns. He gave the phone back to me.

"Honey, don't worry I'll be home-" She stopped.

"Mommy?" I asked.

Gunshots went off and screams of many people came from the phone very loud.

Daniel cocked his head over. He hung the phone up.

"Should of known the military would get involved." He mumbled to himself.

"Kay, go pack clothes and food." I nodded my head and ran to my room.

I grabbed all my clothes and shoved them into my sports bag.

I also grabbed my pictures and shoved them in there. I went through the kitchen, shoving any canned food in. Daniel came back over, doing the same as me.

"Let's go!" He yelled.

"Wait! Mom isn't home yet!" I screamed back.

"She's dead, Kaylie. Unless you want to die too, let's get going." He said as he grabbed car keys.

I sat in the front, which my mom wouldn't approve of.

"Where are we going, Danny?" I whimpered.