Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I woke up shivering, in my bed. It has been snowing for the past couple weeks. I jumped out of bed and looked out the window.

Even more than yesterday. I slipped my boots and threw on my jacket. Carl's jacket laid on the edge of my bed. I tried to forget about it, and walked outside.

I was immediately ambushed with snowballs.

"Stop!" I laughed out.

I was rolling around in the snow. Avery and Cole were laughing. I threw one right into their faces. I couldn't breath, I was laughing so hard. Carol walked out smiling.

"Oh Kaylie, here's you medicine."

"Thanks Carol." I said with a warm smile.

She had been giving me medication to help with my illness. I was practically 100% normal, but she wanted to make sure.

I walked inside and got a glass of water. I placed the pill on my tongue and swallowed it. I drank the rest of my water and returned to the snow fight.

"Duck Kaylie!" Luke yelled from his snow fort.

I ran to his side hiding behind the snow wall. Chloe came running in with a huge ball and pushed it next to our little wall.

"Kay, mold this into the wall. I'll go distract them!" I nodded my head and started.

"I love the snow, so much!" Luke said as he threw balls over to Avery's fort.

I laughed, "Yeah, the only bad part is there is walker blood everywhere."

"It gives it color." He said sarcastically.

It was truly like there was no apocalypse.

Our war continued until Marcus came along and jumped on our fort.

"You suck, Marcus!" I laughed pilling snow on his face. He kissed my hand.

"Always at your service." I laughed.

"Eww." I complained as I wiped my hand on his shirt. Avery walked over.

"I clearly won guys..." She snickered.

"You have a cheater!" I said as I pointed at Marcus. He smirked and ran off to help his mom.

Rick's POV

We walked through the snow looking for the market.

"It ain't over here Rick, It's more to rich side of town." Daryl said pointing in the west.

"Back in the car then. We'll drive over there." I informed them.

Carl nodded his head. He has grown so much. He might be older and stronger, but he's always missing that one part of him. He still hasn't gave up on searching for her.

I sped up a little, knowing we were limited on food.

We arrived in the area Daryl said the market was. I jumped out grabbing my bags.

"Lead the way Daryl." He nodded and motioned us to follow him.

"Keep your eyes peeled, it should be anywhere around-"

He was cut off by a scream.

"You hear that? Maybe a herd of walkers, too. Let's go." Daryl started again.

I nodded and turned around.

"No, we can't. Someone could need help and we need food." Carl stated.