Chapter 38

(pap of Ryan above, portrayed as younger Grant Gustin)

Chapter 38

Kaylie's POV

People swarmed throughout the center of the complex. Men with guns had guns aimed, obnoxious laugher filled the room, few women together in the corner of the room.

"We eat here, have our meetings, or what not. Things here are simple. Break a rule, I give you another chance. Fuck up again, iron to your face. Got it?" Negan's hand rested on my shoulder.

I shuddered under his touch, his hands cold.

"Who's the girl you got there, Negan?" A man's gun pointed towards me.

"Another wife? How will the others feel?" An older man asked, his breath reeking of beer.

"She has to make her way up to that pleasuring job." Negan and his group laughed.

"What you doing with her?" Men asked if I was an old piece of clothing.

"New recruit. Let's see if she'll be able to replace Arnold." Negan smacked my back, towards the men.

The drunken man laughed, tossing his bottle in the air.

A ringing waved throughout my ears, soon to be covered in alcohol.

"Go put her in the Square." Negan put his gun back down.

"Nice shot," I wiped my face off. "But if I had the gun, I would've aimed for your head."

Dwight, the one with the burned face, dragged me away from the room.

"See what I mean? She's too fucking good." Negan laughed, just as I was leaving.

***

Dwight turned left and right, went up stairs, down stairs, through series of doors.

"You shouldn't of came here." He said as he opened one last door.

"Did Negan do that to you?" I motioned the burn across his face.

He nodded, "Listen, I don't know why in hell you came here, but don't trust Negan. Just keep low, don't make yourself look too good."

I stood confused, in a small dim lit room with nothing in it.

Dwight shut the door, and disappeared. His running footsteps echoed throughout the square I was in.

I stood in the center, my arms touching both sides of the wall at once.

I sunk back into the corner, thinking.

Carl.

Did he and Heath make it back to Alexandria?

Carl's POV

"I'm going to kill you if you don't shut up." I snapped at Heath.

"I'm sorry, but it was either all of us or her."

We walked silently through mud and trash in the streets.

"Hey, let's check out this car." Heath pointed off the road.

The car was a dark red color, with a light layer of dust covering it. The windows were in cracked in a few places.

I followed Heath towards the abandoned car, "Doesn't look like it was here too long."

"Let's get this running, and get back quickly." He spoke, prying the handle.

"Would Negan let her come back?" I couldn't hold it in.

Heath scratched his forehead, his eyes low. Something was off, like he was hiding something.

"She could fake her death, if she comes to pick up supplies from us." He slid into the car, playing with the wires.

I sighed, getting into the front seat next to him.

"Don't worry, we have... connections inside of that place." His voice was interrupted by the sound of the engine.

"We'll talk to Douglas?" I asked him.

Heath nodded, closing his door. "Let's just get back."

Kaylie's POV

The faces and laughs of crazed men lurked in my mind. I woke up shivering, hugging myself into a ball.

I almost screamed when I saw a boy at the other end of the small room.

"She's up." He said looking up.

The door slid open, revealing Dwight standing there.

"Ryan, make sure no one can here through the vent." He whispered.

"Listen, don't trust anyone but us. We've been working with Douglas and were planning things, but you made some complications. That's Ryan, he was one of the guys who led this place before Negan showed up. Just stick with him, you'll be good." He put his hand out to pull me up.

I reluctantly grabbed it, following him as he left.

"I told Negan you'd be staying with Ryan since he could teach you the rules around here. Seemed to buy it, so act like he's your mentor." Dwight spoke as he lead me through the halls.

I looked behind me, where Ryan was following.

He didn't look to impressing to have ran this place. Maybe around 16-17 years old, at least.

He realized I was staring, and gave a small smile.

"Just stay low, get prepared for fighting." Dwight said at the end of the hall.

I nodded, watching as Ryan pulled out a key to the door.

"Can I talk to you really quick?" Dwight asked him.

Ryan hesitated, but nodded. "You can just wait inside." The door swung open.

Once I walked in the room, the door shut immediately. I heard their low voices, but not enough words to put together.

The room was simple, two couches in the corner with a coffee table between, a small kitchen, and a few bookcases around the room. There was a door leading off to somewhere, but I didn't get enough time to explore.

The door opened, and Ryan walked in saying a few last words to Dwight.

"We'll see next week." Dwight said before he walked off.

I stood in the center of the room, watching his every movement. He locked the door, and put the chain latch over. After moments of silence he finally spoke:

"Listen, we are going to have to make things work. Negan is cruel, if he suspects anything, your dead. Douglas has things planned out, we just have to wait till he's ready." The words poured out of his mouth.

"Ready for what?"

He sighed, "Sit down, I have a lot to explain."

SPOILERS AHEAD BEWARE

Authors Note ~

OMFG THE TWD SEASON PREMIERE!!!!¡ I KNOW GARETH IS GONNA COME AND NOW THE PRIEST IS IN THE PICTURE AND WHO TOOK BETH PLUS MORGAN IS LIKE HUMAN AGAIN LOOKING FOR SANCTUARY AG THIS IS TO MUCH SORRY FOR THE RANT

I ALMOST FORGOT WHEN RICK AND CARL SEE JUDITH AHH MY HEART MELTED

OH AND CAROL AND DARYL 💜💜

ok officially done.

Stay Alive ~ Carl Grimesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें