Chapter 41

Chapter 41
(time jump)
"How did we end up here? I'm supposed to be out there!" I kicked at the doors continuously.

Lizzie stayed quiet, but Mika looked as if she had millions of things to say.

Carl shrugged, holding Judith and beginning to get lost in thought. I slid down the metal wall of the truck, placing my ear to the coldness.

Commotion of yelling voices and gunfire was the clearest thing to hear. A dominating voice, Rick Grimes, seemed to be leading people as usual.

"He lied to me." Carl looked through the bullet holes.

"He doesn't trust Douglas, so it's back to Rictatorship. Should I start praising at his alter now or later?" The words sarcastically flew out as usual.

"Stop with the jokes already. We need to get out of here." Carl handed Judith to me.

"You know I'm not joking, Carl. He lied to you and I was just a pawn in his big plan. I wasn't there at the prison, but whatever happened-"

"Drop it." Carl kept searching for a way out.

"There's another town, Douglas wants us to-"

"Shut up, Mika." Lizzie scolded her.

I turned towards Carl, who was already looking. He nodded towards the girls as if he knew what I was going to ask.

I placed Judith in a small box, handing it over to Carl.

"Mika," I squeezed through empty spaces between boxes, "tell me what you know about this whole thing."

She opened her mouth, but Lizzie's words were the only ones to hear.

"We aren't telling you anything." Lizzie crossed her arms.

"I asked for Mika to tell me, not a we." I turned my focus back on the other sister.

I put my hand out for Mika, but Lizzie likes to slap things away.

"Don't touch her." Her eyes held tears.

"I'm getting tired, Lizzie." She grabbed her wrist.

"It's okay, you'll be fine. I promise." Lizzie squeezed her sister's shoulders.

I grabbed Lizzie's arms, pinning her toward the ground.

"What did you do to her?" I stole looks at her sister, who fell to the floor after she lost the support of Lizzie's body.

Lizzie shrugged her shoulders and smiled, "I did nothing."

I pushed her away, "I thought you returned from crazyland."

"What's wrong?" I grabbed one of Mika's hands.

She shook her head, and broke down into tears.

"You're a baby." Lizzie shriveled up into the corner.

"It hurts," she pointed towards her lower arm.

"Nothing we can't fix." I smiled at her, but she didn't look so reassured.

I pulled up the left sleeve of her denim jacket.

"You're bit."