11. Real Life

REAL LIFE

Addie waited for Grant in her nice apartment in Vancouver, not far from the filming lots for The Flash. She waited anxiously for him to finish up some voice overs, and to come to her home to talk.

She was finally going to sit down and have the conversation on marriage. She found it ridiculous to talk about it at such a young age- well, she counted being 25 being to young to get married... but then she understood why. It was her future. His.

And she was ready for this talk, but she wasn't ready for whatever outcome.

She sat on her couch, crisscrossed with her head down. She heard the door open.

"Hey," Grant spoke, setting down his keys on the kitchen counter. He walked over and sat next to Addie, kissing her on the head and letting his hand on her thigh. "Hey, you okay?"

"I-uh, we really need to talk

"I-uh, we really need to talk..."

Grant realized what exactly they needed to talk about. He shifted away and put his head between his hands, scratching his neck.

"About that talk we had right?" He asked

"Yeah." She whispered. "Did you read-"

"The interview? Yeah I did."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't come to you. I just, I didn't know who to go to. I talked to our moms, and when the question in the interview came up, I didn't know what to do." She explained, closing her eyes.

"My mom.. you mom. They said to talk to you. Talk about how you felt. And it made me feel selfish. Because when we talked about it months ago, I never gave you a-"

"Chance to respond. Yeah. I know. And I'm telling you now, I don't agree with what you've been saying." He sighed.

"So tell me. Please."

"I want to get married, in the future, I want to get married to someone I love, some who I can be close with- some I have always been close with. And that's you. Okay? I love you. I'm in love with you, and I want that with you in the future."

"Grant...I love you so much-"

"But not enough for a future together? Any of that?"

"No, of course I want a future together. Just not marriage... at all." Addie spoke, lifting her head to look at Grant.

Grant mumbled some incoherent words, the tears threatened to spill over his eyes, as he looked away.

Her words inflicted pain on his heart. She didn't mean to break it. He knew that, but he couldn't help his heart breaking. He needed her more than just a best friend. He wished he could change her opinion, change everything. But he couldn't. He didn't have that power.

No one did.

"So, we- we're just going to end it?"

"Not our friendship-"

"That's not what I asked."

It broke her heart. But it broke his more.

"Yeah, I guess we are. Grant, please just listen to me when I say I love you. That I will always love you, okay? So much." Addie shed some tears, as she blinked them away.

"I love you." He responded, taking Addie's hands off his legs, and walking towards the door. "Always will." He whispered, and left.

-
I'm sorry ;(

late update- again sorry. life these past couple days have been complete shit and so have people.