135. Real Life

[long (dramatic) chapter, grab a snack]
REAL LIFE
The Wedding Day

Grant sat down on the little brown chair that was sitting in front of the window of his hotel room

Grant sat down on the little brown chair that was sitting in front of the window of his hotel room. He wasn't dressed yet, which wasn't a huge issue. He sat drinking coffee and watching the New York City street views. It was only eleven in the morning, and the wedding didn't start until four. He had four hours to prepare for marrying his best friend.

She was only a couple a rooms down, and he still got nervous and butterflies all in his stomach.

His brother, Tyler, was picking up Grant's tuxedo, and getting ready to bring it back to his brother in his hotel room.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Tyler chuckled, as he sat in the other brown chair facing his brother.

Grant raised his head from the table. "Oh am I now?"

"You're practically falling asleep right here. You didn't get any sleep did you?" Tyler asked, closing the hotel room door and setting down the tuxedo on the bed.

"Not really... but I got enough." Grant said.

"What kept you up?"

"The thought of her. Anthony said she was feeling weird, probably her pregnancy sickness... and she said she was just nervous and happy for tomorrow," grant sighed. "We couldn't see each other, but we talked for hours through the door in her hotel room."

"Everything's fine though, right?" Tyler asked.

Grant coughed, "Yes, yeah. Just all that little nerves. I don't know why we're getting like this.."

"It's because you love her and she loves you... you've been best friends since school. I guess the nerves you both feel proves you two really love each other." Tyler smiled, getting his camera set up for the hours to come.

Grant smiled to himself, "I really do love her."

Hours later, it was now around three in the afternoon. Grant stood in front of the mirror, standing in his tuxedo, but without the black jacket. In his room, his brother, father and other friends surrounded him, smiling and laughing about memories they've shared with him and Addie.

"You're almost ready, you look great bro." Tyler tapped his shoulder.

"Very handsome my son," his dad smiled. "I'm so very happy for you and Addie."

"Thanks pops."

The hotel room door opened, revealing Anthony and Chris who just came from Addie's room.