72. Real Life

REAL LIFE

Addie was back on set, and filming for the day was almost over. She didn't want to leave The Flash, but soon the time was near. Addie relaxed in her trailer, waiting for Grant to bring her back some food, which was pizza, along with their friends.

Addie caressed her stomach, noticing a very small bump starting to grow. She closed her eyes as she slowly rubbed it, smiling the tiniest bit.

Grant snuck in quietly, and set the food down on the table in the trailer. He then quietly made his way to Addie, which she didn't realize he was there now. He slowly laid next to her, but she kept her eyes closed, knowing it was him.

They both stood quiet, as Grant placed his hand on her stomach, and she reached over to place hers on top of his. He smiled at her, happy that they were starting a family.

But, he then remembered what happened a few months ago. Even though Addie finally was okay with having kids, was she ready to be engaged again? Did she want that?

"Whatcha thinking about?" She asked.

"How do you always know if I'm thinking about something?"

"Because I've known you and loved you for a very long time." Addie chuckled. "Come on, penny for your thoughts?"

"I'm just really excited that I'll be a dad. And we get to start a family together." Grant said truthfully, but he really didn't tell her the whole truth about the other half of what he was thinking.

"To be completely honest, I'm terrified and nervous. I just- there's something growing inside me, and it's amazing... but I don't know..." Addie sniffed.

"You're not doing this alone, remember that." Grant encouraged. "You have me. You'll have my parents, your parents; once you tell them and the rest of our families."

"I know."

It fell silent for the next two minutes or so. She remembered the pizza and jumped up and ran to eat it, and Grant followed her, thinking something was wrong.

"What?" Grant asked.

"What?" She replied back.

"What do you mean what? Are you okay?" His eyes opened wide.

"Of course I am, idiot! The pizza!" She opened the box and grabbed a slice, shoving it down jet throat.

"You animal." Grant said. "We're supposed to wait for everyone else."

"They'll understand. I mean, leave me alone with pizza, I'll eat it." Addie smiled.

-
I got inspired from -wonderwallparker-
and wanted to distract myself from nerves, that I created a meet my characters little book, so that if you're interested on my books and want to get into them, knowing a character might help a little! So, go check it out 💗💃🏼